【四十三】 dayoung's mic is off

it had been a while since dayoung's solo album was released, almost a year now, and she was excited to perform a couple tracks off of it during a concert nct held in japan

she stood on stage with the backup dancers while the other members were backstage, monitoring their girl on the tv. the intro to 'rush' started playing and dayoung got ready to sing, only to be met with the actual recording rather than the instrumental.

"弱気の mind—"
[trans: a weak mind]

stopping midway of the sentence, dayoung turned to the sound staff and lifted up her microphone. she tapped it before pointing up as a gesture to turn her mic on.

the guy nodded and she then spoke into it, becoming content that she could finally sing. however, her mic only worked up until the high notes in the song.

her hand fell to her side and she walked a few steps over to where the sound staff was.

"can you leave the mic on please?" she yelled over the loud music.

pressing something on the machine, dayoung brought the mic back up to her lips and sang along to the song. by then, she was fed up with everything but she chose not to show it for the sake of the audience.

does sm not trust their artists to sing live? she thought.

when the track finished, the girl was standing near the microphone stand, "sorry, everyone. my mic kept turning off and i'm not sure why."

the other members came out during intermission and were able to talk to the fans. dayoung sat on the edge of the stage, conversing with a few in the front rows.

"i think baekhyun had the same thing happen to him," a girl told dayoung, who nodded in response.

"yeah, i remember that. he was upset at that," she said.

a boy standing next to the girl who had mentioned baekhyun frowned a bit, "i hope sm doesn't do that anymore."

dayoung giggled and shrugged.

"it's okay."

then out of nowhere, kun popped up beside her, waving at the fans.

"what are we talking about?"

終。
i had nO idea how to make this long or end it so i'm sO SORRY it's sucky ajsjs
bold + underlined was in japanese!
ugh i'm in japanese class and we switched seats for second semester and the boy who sits in front of me scares me (he's my friends boyfriend and he's crazy istg) some1 help me