3. execution

execution
/ˌɛksɪˈkjuːʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. The carrying out of a plan, order, or course of action.

"the execution of the the plan needed to be perfect to get them out."

2. the carrying out of a sentence of death on a condemned person."

"His execution was devastating."

-

Bellamy.

The sun had already risen on a new day, dappled light reaching at us through the tree branches when we found our first real lead.

We hadn't stopped looking all night, which probably wasn't the best move as most of us were exhausted and we needed to be conserving our energy if we're gonna fight again. But no one spoke up, no one suggested we stop and I think that had something to do with the look in Finn's eyes.

It was a scary look.

Luna and Murphy had begrudgingly worked together to track the grounders that could've taken our people and although it was painful, they got us here.

"Everybody down!" Finn hissed and we all dropped to the ground, hidden behind a hillock.

"This is it." Murphy said lowly as we scanned the camp of his description. "I told you I'd find it." He said pointedly to me.

But it wasn't a camp we were looking at, not even close. Looking through the scope of the gun Miller's Dad had given me I cold see that clearly.

But it was Luna who spoke up before I could.

"No, this isn't a camp it's a group of grounders. Scouts most likely." She stated and Murphy scowled.

Finn grabbed the other scoped gun off Stirling and held it up to his eye.

"Our people aren't here." I affirmed and as I pulled my gaze away from the grounders I noticed her shoulders sag. A sweep of her face revealed her despair. She was a part of this just as much as we are and I see it more and more everyday.

"Wait a minute!" Finn whisper-shouted. "They've got stuff from our Dropship!"

I looked again, a sliver of hope rising within me.

"Then maybe they know where our friends are." I stated.

"Yeah or maybe they killed them already." Murphy oh-so-helpfully added. He looked like he as going to say more but Luna silenced him with a feral scowl and a tight grip on one of her knives.

"Son of a bitch!" Finn cursed, pulling me out of my gaze.

"What is it?" I asked quickly.

"The guy with the one eye." Was all Finn said before I had the scope pressed up to my eye and was scanning the scout group once again. I settled on the man, scanning him for anything that might've made Finn alarmed.

"Around his neck." Finn prompted, but I was still in the dark.

"What am I looking at?" I asked, tired of the guessing game.

"He's got Clarke's watch." Finn hissed. "It was her father's."

Dread settled in the pit of my stomach.

"She wouldn't give that up without a fight." I said slowly.

The look in Finn's eyes as unreadable, a look I had never seen before. "Neither will we." He promised.