fluff nonsense

Sometime in March.

"It's just three days!" Juliet laughed. "It's a quick Photoshoot and I'm back in London."

Alex glared. "You have school. And a boyfriend. "

"School has given me permission to miss three days. And I'm not my boyfriend's third mother. He can take care of himself."

He scoffed. "What if I forget to have breakfast? What if I forget where my socks are? What if I don't do that essay - "

"Are you a child? And I'm your girlfriend. Not your alarm."

"Jules," he said with a tiny bit of whine.

Juliet kissed him. "I'll be back before you know it."

***

Day one.

Alex was going insane. He didn't have anything to do.

He usually spent his days sleeping or studying or playing football or eating or bathing or cuddling with Juliet or talking to her or sleeping with her or just being graced by her presence.

No Juliet. No gracing.

This was a disaster.

Day two.

He. Needed. Juliet.

So this is what people deprived of love felt like.

Juliet messaged from someone else's phone that her phone broke, so no contact for the next two days.

He wanted to break something.

Juliet. Juliet. Juliet.

Her golden hair. Her smooth skin. Her red lips. Her green eyes. Her light laughter. Her smooth voice. Her flirty comments and seductive taunts.

Why why why –

Day three.

Dying.

Juliet.

Varian announcing that he's dating Marie now.

Food.

Chemical formulae.

Juliet.

Boredom.

Big bang theory.

Cheese.

Juliet.

Dying.

Catching Daniel come out of Nathan's room this morning looking very happy and flushed.

Hailey yelling at Kenneth in the boys soccer locker room.

Juliet.

Pasta.

Spaghetti.

Juliet.

Julietjulietjulietjulietjuliet-

Day four.

Juliet was coming. Alex had decided that he was going to pick her up but Juliet said not to.

He thought about it and decided that it would be highly inappropriate if the people leaving the airport would have to witness two teenagers having a passionate makeout session, because when he was going to see Juliet, he doubted he would be able to hold back. He missed her so much.

It was 3:54 pm. He was tapping his foot.

A tiny sound came from beyond the main door.

Alex's ears perked.

The sound of footsteps. Three knocks.

Alex opened the door immediately. And when he saw Juliet, he dove in for that kiss he had been dreaming of for the past three days.

Juliet laughed and kissed him back just as enthusiastically. They walked into his dorm and she shut the door behind him. "Alex! I just got here!"

Alex took her shirt off. Juliet, despite what she had just said, also took his shirt off. Their hands roamed.

Juliet pulled back, breathing heavily, "I want to tell you about my photoshoot! I - "

Alex muffled her with a kiss. She shut up and kissed him back.

He led her to his bedroom. The rest of their clothes fell away.

He lowered her onto the bed. She wrapped her legs around him. She pulled away from a kiss and gasped, "Alex - The photoshoot. It was amazing. I had so much fun! And the weather - "

Alex said, his tone pained, "Juliet. Do you really want to talk about the weather in Rome?"

Juliet thought about it. She glanced at their current situation. "Oh. We're about to have sex now?"

Alex turned pink but said, "if that's what you want."

And Juliet laughed. "As if I haven't been aware if what was happening for the past fifteen minutes. I missed torturing you. Come here, Camden."

Oh, he did.

***

They were wrapped in each other, Alex stroking Juliet's side as she rambled on and on about what happened in the past three days. Alex listening patiently and commented ocassionally. 

This pleased Juliet because nearly four out of every five men in the past three days weren't actually listening to what she was saying.

Alex's ego grew. "Well, I am Alex Camden after all."

Juliet rolled her eyes. "Have I awoken the purple monster?"

"Purple?"

"I always associate ego with the color purple for some reason."

"That actually makes sense, though."

"Right?" Juliet beamed. "Gosh I've missed you."

Alex said, "you can't even imagine the torture I was undergoing here. Cain made a puppet himself and showed it to us. It was awful. Nobody knew the meaning of deturpate."

"That's to make something disgusting or ugly right?" Juliet said.

Alex beamed at her and kissed her deeply. When he pulled back, breathless, he said, "that's why I missed you."

She laughed. "I missed you too. Just mostly your callipygian bum."

He blushed. "Stop."

"Do complicated English words turn you on, Camden?" She purred. "Does it fill you with epithymy when I saw complicated words?"

He groaned, "You're horrible."

She grinned. "God you're such a nerd. I love you."

"I love you too."

_____________________________