fourteen

let me help you 

when Athena woke up, the only thing she could think of was how badly her head hurt

when Athena woke up, the only thing she could think of was how badly her head hurt. her eyes first opened only to immediately shut due to the piercing light , but she slowly adjusted them and looked around her surroundings. The small table to her right held a variety of gifts she assumed were for her, making a slight smirk fall onto her tired face.  the smell of food filled her nostrils and by the time on the clock across from her she concluded it was lunch time , making her push herself up. The noise caused the fussy older woman to rush out of her office with a small smile on her face.

"so you finally decided to wake up huh?" 

Madame Pomfrey spoke , teasing the younger girl 

"how long was I out?"

Athena asked bluntly 

"a week" 

the nurse responded curtly while fixing Athenas bandages 

at this news Athena sighed and mumbled a few curses and began to gather her things before earning a glare from Pomfrey and settling slightly. 

"you know I'm going to leave anyway"

Athena mumbled

Making Madame Pomfrey sigh a bit knowing she was indeed correct. 

"Yes but Albus will have my head if I let you go about two minutes after you woke up.Give it a bit young lady , just wait." 

Athena grumbled a bit at the compromise but at the weak feeling in her limbs she knew she should follow the woman's advice. 

After twenty minutes the 15 year old finally convinced the older woman to let her go and left the hospital wing. She first brought all of her things to her room, before heading back down to the Great hall. 

The large doors were propped open , so for a split second no one realized the girl stood in its entryway , but finally a loud gasp was heard and all eyes turned on the young girl. Everything was still for a moment before a loud cry was heard from the Ravenclaw table and the girls two best friends flung themselves at her. 

For the first time in what felt like forever a large smile broke onto the grumpy girls face and a loud laugh left her mouth as her two friends clung to her. Tears fell from the two girls as their pent up emotions were released.  Athena just gladly embraced them, as she had heard them the whole time she knew how much they cared for her and just let them cry it out.