Chapter 2: The Start of New Changes

Nothing belongs to me.
-------------------

Because these things will change

Can you feel it now?

These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down

It's a revolution

The time will come for us to finally win

And we'll sing hallelujah

We'll sing hallelujah

Hiccup

~Three months later, an island called Shampzka~ (I made that up…)

Well, Hiccup thought, who knew there will be an island in the middle of the ocean.

He had flown Toothless to test his limits. Of course, he hadn't thought of what he would do if he couldn't find land when Toothless got tired. So, to his surprise, he found a paradise island right in the middle of the ocean.

He landed on the beach.

The afternoon sun shone brightly down on the island, making the water sparkle and the sand glow. The trees, which, from what he saw from above, were in clusters and surrounding the middle of the island. And now that he landed, he could see that the trees stood tall and proud, with healthy green leaves growing at the pace they liked. The air was clear, and all was quiet aside from the occasional rustle of leaves from the gentle sea breeze.

Hiccup walked up the beach and saw that there were plants everywhere.

The trees he saw earlier had blocked his view from something else: the trees had formed some kind of shield around something, and no, it's not the middle of the island he saw earlier. It was a small clearing, just big enough to fit Toothless and him.

Hiccup wondered where he was.

He walked straight through the trees, which were quite thick. He noticed exotic plants everywhere.

After about fifteen minutes, he came near to the end of the trees and saw a huge grassland.

It was, he supposed, the middle of the island.

Well, he thought, this is one small island.

But it was simply nature-y and beautiful.

But then he remembered something from a book he read. It was ridiculous, with something called cities, and really big things they called buildings.

It was about Greek Mythology. Well, he supposed all those Greek beings were real, considering that he met Arachne, the spider lady, but whoever the author was, he was nuts. A person called Rick Riordan. (Okay, so maybe I can't resist PJO. o_O Next I'm gonna add HOO…)

The book was about a Greek Demigod. Okay, that was acceptable, but Olympus was somewhere on top of…what was that thing called again? Oh yeah, the Empire State Building. Whatever that is.

Anyway, the demigod went on quests, blah, blah, blah, and he said something like this once: When you deal with mythological stuff for a few years, you learn that paradises are usually where you get killed. (A/N I didn't check the book.)

And this island?

Beauty--check.

Food--the fish in the sea, and maybe some plants have edible berries, so check.

In other words, paradise.

Mythological stuff? Done.

So. Danger? Not yet.