Girl Talk (Short)

Sarai' Morgan

Sarai' Morgan

"I don't see how you do this shit damn near everyday Dub." My sister said as our running came to a halt. I did a morning run everyday before work. It's been part of my routine since college. However, Dub does not like to work out at all. The few times she joined me at the gym it was just for support. "How are you a physical therapist?" I laughed as we walked over to my building. I held the door open for her as we stepped inside, instantly catching the cool breeze. It was hot as hell outside, I couldn't wait for the winter time. "Tell that to my degree." She shot back as we walked over to the water fountain. Other than it being hot outside, it was a nice Sunday morning. And spa day was today so I was more than happy.

As we got refreshed, my eyes scanned the lobby, seeing a guy walk in with flowers. "Good morning. I have a delivery for a Miss Sarai' Morgan." My eyes grew wide as I heard him speak. "Flowers..." I said to myself. "Flowers." Dub repeated as she side eyed me with a proud smirk. "Uh- that's me!" I called as I went over to greet him. "Okay, well here you go." He handed me a bouquet of orange, pink and purple tulips with a card attached.

"Thank you." I smiled. "No problem. Have a nice day." He went about his way as Re' approached me. "Are they from the grizzly bear?" She laughed as she peeked over my shoulder. "They are, I'm sure. He sent me a card too!" I smiled happily as we made our way upstairs. The elevator ride was short but it felt long because I had my face in the flowers. They smelled so good. I let Dub get the door before I went in and put my flowers in some water. Getting flowers were one of my top favorite things on earth.

"You're all giddy, it's cute." She teased as she sat across from me. "Go on, read it." She pushed. I opened the note and read it aloud.

Good Morning Love,

I wanted to start ya day off with a smile, so I sent you ya favorite flowers. I know you spending the day with ya girls but I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. They know me by first name basis at the flower shop, thanks to you. I ain't mad though. They put me on with the meanings of the colors too.

Pink is for HAPPINESS which is what I feel when I'm with you. When I think about you. It also symbolizes confidence...that sexy ass confidence you exude. I love that shit.

Purple means ROYALTY. I chose purple cus' you are a QUEEN in my eyes and I plan to treat you as such. Told you before that I have nothing but respect for you, and I mean that. I appreciate you and every moment we spend together you get a lil more special. Purple might be my favorite ones to give you btw. It represents rebirth too. I think of our relationship as a fresh start for the both of us. A chance for you to see why you're so perfect and why you deserve the world. A chance for me to give it to you.