chapter fourteen: protective

"I told you to look hot, but I didn't know you'd take it that seriously." He smirked while saying it, looking you up and down with content.

"Control your hormones, dusty ass." I joked and closed the front door. I texted my dad to lock it quickly and we went to his car.

"You look nice as well." I said and he smiled at me all cheeky. How one can go from being a tease to a total softie in a matter of seconds, I will never know.

He was wearing a white dressy shirt and black pants, but the shirt had one or two buttons undone and the sleeves were rolled up. His shoes weren't too fancy and he had a nice watch on to complete the look.

His hair was mostly slicked back unintentionally, but some curly hairs fell to compliment his perfect skin. Everything about him was attractive to me.

He opened the door for me like the complete gentleman he is and I thanked him with a nod and a smile.

He hopped in gracefully and started the car. Treasure by Bruno Mars was playing quietly in the background.

"So, where is this place?" He asked.

"Act like you were going to that gym, but turn left on Carter Lane. It's on the right a few buildings down." I said and he nodded.

"How is it having twin brothers?" I asked out of the blue.

"It's nice, except for the fact that they like each other more than any other family member. At least that's what it appears." He said, causing me to smile and giggle a bit.

"When was the last time you talked to your parents?" Tom asked quietly and gently.

"In court, when Robert took on as my guardian. My mom didn't have enough to take care of me and my dad was imprisoned because of the abuse. He got out four years ago, my dad told me." I said. I wasn't to sensitive to the topic once a person knew.

"Got it. This it?" He asked, referring to the restaurant/bar. I nodded and he pulled in, parking.

I was just about to get out when he seemed to go all super hero on me and bolted over to my side, opening my door. We got out and when over to the place, my curled hair bouncing in my face.

The place was actually underground, so we headed under and opened the doors. To the right was the club side of it, where all the drunks were dancing and grinding on each other.

On the other side was the restaurant, and in the middle was the bar. There were also tables by the bar, and that's where we were seated. When walking to the table, I saw guys staring and whistling in my direction.

Tom glared to all of them, wrapping his arm around my waist as a motion to show I was off limits. I kind of like that he did that.

We ordered our food and I decided to go light since I had a big breakfast.

"Oh my fucking gosh." Tom cussed angrily as I sipped my drink, waiting for the food.

"What's wrong?" I asked and looked at him.

"There's a group of college guys over there staring at you like a lion stares at its prey." I moved his eyes in their direction and I looked over.

One waved while another winked at me. I rolled my eyes and looked back to Tom.

"Well I'm here with you, and they all look like actually sacks of potatoes compared to you. I'd feel proud because you have me and they don't." I shrugged and he smirked.

The food came and we ate happily, having small talk about the film and his experience with acting.

"I kind of want to go to the bar." I said. I felt the need to be a little tipsy and loose. I was old enough to drink anyways.

"That sounds quite nice. I just need to pay-" He began but I cut him off.

"I'm paying." I said.

"Nope, sorry." He smiled at me and quickly walked over to the worker, handing him his card.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, walking over to the bar. My eyes were trained on Tom, as I tapped my foot and waited for him to finish paying.

The boy working the cashier was clearly new, so it would most likely take awhile.

"Hey doll." One of the college-looking boys made their way over to me. He was tall and twig-like.

"Yes?" I asked impatiently and turned my. head towards him.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asked daringly.

"Look, your whole group has been eyeing me since I walked in and I'm really not in the fucking mood." I said angered. I faced towards him fully.

"Good, I like them feisty." He joked. He inches to me, a beer in one hand. He used his free hand to wrap it around my waist.

"Get yours hands off me!" I said, extremely insulted.

"Oh come on, babe! Have fun! You only live once!" He teased, sitting his beer on the counter and rubbing his other hand lightly up your arm.

"She said get your hands off her, punk." Tom's voice said firmly as he walked over, pissed.

"Geez, I didn't know you were with Mr. English." The boy teased. Tom's eyes looked like he wanted to punch the boy's brains out.

If looks could kill, that boy would be far into the depths of hell.

"I won't say it again." Tom demanded through gritted teeth.

"Look, bud. Me and my whole group of guys are friends with her! Just tryna catch up. Help a pal out, will ya?" He said convincingly, acting like he knew me.

"If you insist!" Tom smiled and swung his muscular arm up, landing a punch right onto the jaw of the man.