Chapter Seven : Retribution

The entire courtroom was in a state of war cry, chaos prevailed effortlessly with everyone asking questions simultaneously, disrupting the peace and quiet, persistently when Jacques' voice succeeded in announcing, But I am your mate!"

"Oh shut up!" Another uncharacteristic voice reprimanded him which belonged to Nick, Even I know you aren't his mate!"

Flicking his head towards the Emperor on his throne, When did Louis present as an Omega and how does nobody in the entire palace conveniently know about this?!"

"It's a long story, Nicholas," Harry answered, and I do not entertain elucidating it to any of you." He confirmed and continued, What you demanded of me was to take an Omega as a mate and I'm doing that. I don't want to answer any other queries pertaining to my choice."

With that Harry rose from his throne, ignoring all the questions being thrown at him and stood before Louis who was still on the voyage of comprehension, holding his hand out to Louis who blinked at him and unconsciously took his hand, allowing the man to lead him out of the hall.

When they retreated back to Harry's chambers, Louis couldn't bring himself to question anything, he was still in a trance and seems like he didn't require to.

"You fell into a drop when I reprimanded you yesterday." He explained. And that was all that was needed to make Louis gulp.

"I'm so sorry. I-" Harry cut him off, shaking his head indicating his justification wasn't required. "I would've chopped your head off yesterday but Liam made me see reason," He said looking at him, rubbing his thumb against his cheek, but that doesn't mean I'm less upset with you for hiding this for six years when you knew you were my mate."

"I'm very very disappointed." He added which made Louis' eyes flicker in sadness. "You put yourself through so much of torture and ceaseless humiliation through the years went by, you've insulted yourself and my credibility to give you the protection you deserve."

"I'm so disappointed with your actions." He repeated.

Louis looked up at the Alpha who's penetrating gaze was seeping through his skin inducing humiliation and sadness on upsetting his Alpha.

"I want to know why you didn't find a single moment worth peace to tell me about your gender in the past six long years, I've probably spent bedding nobody but you." He asked with seriousness etched in his voice.

Louis bit his lips and shook his head weakly turning towards Harry, agreeing to what the Emperor had requested on. "I understand Louis, Omegas are seen as a liability so you wouldn't be taken seriously in any profession and since I am a big bad Alpha, you deprived me of my mate too?"

Louis breath hitched, as his eyes grew unhopeful with despair fogging his features but Harry didn't let him talk but instead placed his hands on his arms, holding him firmly, Did you of all people doubt how strongly I felt towards you?"

This provided for a violent reaction in Louis who immediately lurched towards him, You know that's not true."

"And that's what hurts because you know me better than the blood which runs in my veins then was my behaviour so terrible, you had to hide from your Alpha?" Harry questioned, pulling him closer, cupping his cheeks and verified, "I am your Alpha, right?"

"Yes, of course." Louis answered, feeling himself melt into Harry's hand. "Who else would it be, if not for you?"

"Then tell me why you withheld this information and I know my attitude towards Omegas plays a very small role in this." Harry asked, looking into his blue crystals which immediately averted their course, showcasing his hesitancy.