09. Meetings & Services

"Maybe you should get a new secretary," Jimin was sitting on the couch in Taehyung's office, reading over a contract the two of them had just signed in that room, while Taehyung was at his desk, finalising some documents his secretary would have b...

"Maybe you should get a new secretary," Jimin was sitting on the couch in Taehyung's office, reading over a contract the two of them had just signed in that room, while Taehyung was at his desk, finalising some documents his secretary would have been doing had he not got into that accident.

"You don't think I've thought about that?" he asked, a little too aggressively for Jimin's liking, "But then I remember no one knows me like he does and that if I did get a new one, I'd have to deal with them messing everything up for a while as they get used to me."

"Wow, how considerate of you," Jimin snorted, slapping the papers down and standing up, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Besides, where will I even find a secretary?"

"I can ask around for you if you'd like?" he walked over to his desk, "We would want an experienced, noninvasive, diligent person, wouldn't we?" his eyes lifted to the ceiling in thought.

"Why does it sound like you're just thinking through all the women you've slept with to find someone suitable?"

"Oh shit," Jimin grinned, "You caught me."

"I doubt anyone you've slept with is diligent though," he muttered under his breath, earning a slap from Jimin.

"You watch your mouth, Tae," he pointed his index finger at his friend before he saw the clock behind him, "Fuck, I'm late."

"You watch your mouth, idiot," Taehyung shook his head at himself. The only time he wouldn't take life so negatively was when he was with his best friend. Other than that, no one saw this side to him. "Get the heck out of here if you're so late."

"I'll see if I can get on that secretary thing as well."

"Jimin I don't think I've made this clear, I don't want-"

"Don't worry it won't be someone I've sle-" he shook his head, "I'm leaving."

Jimin had a meeting scheduled with a company who had started to use their transport services for their food deliveries. They had only signed with World recently and were already heavily relying on them for their needs. However, he didn't mind it, it just meant more money coming his way.

Today's meeting, though, was to do with a concerned tip received by a World employee, saying he wasn't too sure if he trusted what was in the boxes he was transporting.

"I understand, he must have felt unnerved and unsafe," the representative said as they were seated in Jimin's office after introducing himself as Seokjin.

"Of course it's not in his job description to check what was inside the crates but I guess he was looking out for our company. We've been the biggest company in Korea for the last fifty years, we can't risk any bad press, ever."

"Yes, understandable. But I do promise it was a misunderstanding," he shrugged, "Our shipment is always reliable and clean, nothing shady, but let's go over to our warehouse so you can check it out."

Jimin looked at his watch, "How long do you think this will take?"

"About an hour or two, considering transport and traffic."

He sighed, this was his responsibility and he needed to do this. He couldn't risk their company getting in trouble now after all his and Taehyung's new articles about the women they are 'seeing'.

"Okay, let's go."

--

Seokjin had taken him to a warehouse pretty much in the middle of nowhere. But it was filled with crates upon crates upon more crates. Jimin blinked at the towers of them in awe, turning to Seokjin.

"This is all your business?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "you can tell why we need to have trust between our parties when we're dealing with a scale of this size."

"Okay well let's get to it then," Jimin looked at his watch again, "let's start with those boxes."

Three hours and fifty boxes later, Jimin was ready to conclude that this warehouse was nothing close to suspicious, wooden crates smelt good until you had inhaled the scent from thirty of them and God he wanted to go home.

"Thank you so much for taking your time out so that I could check up on a tip this small," Jimin held his hand out to him, "Since I'm in a cheery mood, I can allow you guys your next four trucks free of charge."

"Wow, that's so kind of you," Seokjin chuckled, shaking his hand, "I look forward to a long partnership with World Enterprises."