Resolve and Greif.

Link couldn't wait to get going, he wanted to leave Revali behind him. Zelda had agreed earlier that morning that she could do without him as well as the biting cold. They had planned on going straight back to the castle but Zelda didn't want to come back empty handed just because Revali refused to answer simple questions.

Instead, the Princess and her knight would head towards Death Mountain where the friendly Daruk lived. The Gorons were known to be extremely loyal and loving around people they considered friends.

"From here we'll make our way to Goron City. Then we'll need some adjustments on that Divine Beast so Daruk can manage as easily as possible. He's figured out how to get it to move however it's apparent that we still have much more to learn. But to think, that Divine Beast was actually built by people. That means we should be able to understand how it works and how to use it to our advantage. These Divine Beasts... So much we don't know, but if we want to turn back Calamity Ganon, they're our best hope..." Zelda stopped in her tracks, realising that she had brought up the subject of her destiny... Boiling with disappointment, she shifted the focus onto Link in her anger.

"Tell me the truth."

Uh uh, Link thought. Where is she going with this?

"How proficient are you right now, wielding that sword on your back? Legend says that an ancient voice resonates inside it."

He knew that, it was the spirit of the Goddess sword, turned Mastersword. Her name was Fi.

"Can you hear it yet... Hero?"

Link couldn't help but chuckle.

"What's so funny?" She pouted like a kid being mocked Infront of their friends.

"Nothing Princess." Link tried to hold his face back in his usual stern position but he failed only to end up laughing full out.

"I order you to answer me!" This was the first time she had to use the old I-have-power-you-don't-have trick, but she knew it wouldn't be the last. She didn't want to use her power against him but in this case, she was curious. In all honesty, she did want them to become friends and that meant she shouldn't need to 'order' him around like a tyrant.

Link stopped laughing and looked at Zelda. He saw in her eyes that it pained her to use her authority over him. Link always knew how a person was feeling through their eyes. He knew the way girls in groups looked at him while he walked on by, utterly bored with the situation. He knew when someone was flirting with him. He knew when someone was angry or sad or happy and so on. But Zelda was a challenge. She was a real puzzle, wrapped up in an anomaly, engulfed in Goddess blood and squeezed into a skirt. But for once he saw simple pain.

When link had stopped laughing, Zelda approached him so they were around shoulder length away from each other.

"What was so funny, Mr I'm-so-skilled-at-killing?" Zelda said playfully to lighten the mood.

Link smiled up at her for the first time as not just the Princess and the Knight but also as Zelda and Link.

"It's just... Well... You. You think that the whole world is out to get you. You've built up this" Link gestured to Zelda's body, " icy Princess exterior so that no one can hurt you, whilst you cut yourself off from your passion. Why don't you ever break down those walls and actually talk to someone as a fellow human being? It might help..."

And with that, Link walked into a clearing in the trees and started to gather firewood, leaving Zelda flustered in Link's true words.

Link was right, I hadn't had a true conversation in absolutely ages, Zelda thought. Zelda smacked her face with her hand and remembered. Urbosa! She had tried to start up a conversation that day of the ceremony! She had found me in the library and I had dismissed her as fast as any other person, Zelda sighed...

She looked at Link who had started to build up a fire and she joined him in opening out their blankets. They stayed in silence for the rest of the night until Zelda fell asleep, thinking of Link and his words...