THIRTEEN

BEN KNOCKED QUIETLY ON THE DOOR, a bouquet of roses on his left hand and a paper bag with the name 'Godiva Chocolatier' on his right

BEN KNOCKED QUIETLY ON THE DOOR, a bouquet of roses on his left hand and a paper bag with the name 'Godiva Chocolatier' on his right. He was wearing casual clothes— a striped polo and brown khaki pants yet he was starting to overthink if he was a bit underdressed. He knew he told Anya he's just going to bring her to a restaurant and spend the whole day with her but he was nervous on how she would react.

"Coming!" He heard the mellow voice of Anya speak up and he felt his heart beat skip, he clenched his hand to relieve the jumpiness that he was feeling all over his body and he could almost hear Joe's voice inside his head yelling at him to not be a wimp.

His breath hitched as the door opened and there stood Anya, her 5'5 stature contrasted well with his 5'10 height and he couldn't even speak. He was speechless, her hair was slightly curled and she stared at him with her deep brown eyes that were so beautiful that he was left stunned.

He couldn't believe he was actually seeing her in the flesh. The weeks they've spent talking to each other had created such an impact on him that even just one day of not being able to text her made him frantic, no wonder Rami's calling him 'whipped' all the time. He can't even deny it, it was true. Who would buy someone they just talked to expensive chocolates after all?

Before he was able to react, Anya peered at his dazed look slowly before reaching out to embrace him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Without hesitation, his arms parted before hugging her tightly. He inhaled the scent of lavender with a hint of cherry and let out a soft breath. Their intertwined bodies fit so well together and he felt the warmth radiating from her body he almost sighed in pleasure.

Their long embrace was finished when Anya moved back, and Ben struggled to keep himself from moving towards her because he just wanted to hug her again and never let her go.

"Ben! I'm so glad you're here." Anya gently spoke, though the tone of her voice emitted excitement and her eyes were twinkling with happiness.

"I've been waiting for the day we see each other, Anya. You're so beautiful, darling." Ben replied and he almost smirked at the way her cheeks tinted red at what he said.

"You clean up well too, Ben," she shyly replies before looking over and seeing the large bag of Godiva chocolates on his hand and gasped out loud, "My Godivas!"

"Yeah, it's for you all, babe. And this. I wanted to get you a hundred flowers and put it all over your apartment but I hope this is okay?" He said, almost sheepishly and handing her the bag of chocolates and bouquet of roses. She could only gape at him.

"B-ben! T-this is too much! I can't accept this." She flailed her arms around, pointing towards the box of Godiva and panicking. Ben merely smiled and held her hand, and reassured her "I told you, I'll buy anything for you. This isn't too much, please accept it."

"I don't want to take advantage of you or anything, though. I didn't expect that you'd actually buy plenty of Godiva chocolates when it's expensive."