Replacement

I scampered to the student council office as soon as class was finished. The student council president's gaze fell on me as I barged into the room, disrupting his peace as he was painting. "Hi! My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I would like to sign up for the tuition sessions!" I bowed, showing the utmost respect to my only cost free solution to passing my finals.

"Let me guess.. you aren't here to volunteer as a tutor right?" Without giving me his attention, he muttered as he continued drawing strokes on the canvas with his paint brush.

"Yes! I'm actually in desperate need of tutoring!" I replied with enthusiasm.

"I can tell. My name is Sai." He finally looked at me, sticking out his hand and offering a handshake. I shook his hand excitedly, but he and his hands were awfully cold.. his emotionless eyes continued to stare deeply into mine as we shook hands for an unnecessary extended period of time.

Until his words hit me.

Did he just say I looked dumb!? Right to my face.. how is this prick the student council president...
But I need to calm down. I can't afford to lose my temper. I need to graduate.

I need to graduate..

"Oh! Naruto, you're here!" Sakura entered the room after a couple of knocks, " I suppose you already introduced yourself to our Student council president. Let me take you to where the classes will be held." She pulled me along. A few other students were walking in the same direction as well.

"You look pissed.. The president's choice of words are horrible. So don't take anything he said to heart, alright? Once you get to know him, he's pretty nice. That's why he would start up this tuition class for people who can't afford actual tuition." Sakura whispered to me as we were walking.

I nodded, assuring her I'm fine and that I'm willing to tolerate his cruel words if that's the only way I could pass my finals.

We got to an empty class room. There were a total of 30 students. 10 were volunteered tutors and 20 were in need of tutoring.
"We have a new student joining us today, his name is Naruto Uzumaki." Sakura introduced me to the rest of the final year students. I had spotted a few familiar faces from classes and a few acquaintances.

I greeted everyone and took my seat. We all started to crack the books in silence. And some students raised their hands when they needed help on questions. An hour passed and I was able to cram some knowledge into my busy mind. Sakura walked to me even though I didn't raise my hand for help.

"Oh by the way I forgot to tell you-" She whispered to me.

"You're late again, Sasuke!" One of the tutors called out to him.
"Better late than never showing up." He muttered as he walked to a seat at the back of the class reluctantly.
"If you hate being here, why did you come?" The tutor questioned.
"I have my reasons, but I owe you none." He stopped in his tracks when he spotted me.

"..Sasuke's a tutor here.." Sakura continued her whispering, even though she was a little to late with that information.

"I... can see that." I replied, my eyes still fixed on Sasuke.

"This is getting creepy. Are you stalking me or something?" I folded my arms. I've been seeing him almost everyday and everywhere recently.

"Why are you here?" Sasuke asked, almost irritatedly.
"I could ask you the same.. Sasuke Uchiha? Volunteering to help?"

"That's none of your business." He answered. My mind immediately flashed to Sakura.

Was his reason to get closer to Sakura?

Has he already given up on me?

Ugh whatever! Like I care about that bastard!

....

...Is he trying to get back with Sakura again?

....

I could almost feel my heart sinking when I thought of it. I decided not to pry on his reasoning. He carried on walking to the back of the class and taking his seat after hearing nothing but my silence.

But through out the tutoring lesson, it was almost impossible to focus even if my tutor was right in front of me. I could feel eyes digging into me from behind. I would casually glance to the back of the class to see him glaring at me.

Just like class, it was finally over after what felt like an eternity. And barely anything was absorbed into my brain. It seemed that whenever I was near him, my mind goes absolutely blank and I'm unable to learn anything.

Well.. that was a waste of my time. I thought to myself as I packed my bag and exited out of class. While I was deep into my thoughts, my head bumped into something or someone as I stepped into the hallway. I could see the feet of somebody so I looked up, "Sorry.. I wasn't lookin-" It was the student council president, Sai. He looked down at me as arrogant as ever.

He folded his arms, with a look of disgust as if my hair tainted his shirt. "Watch where you're going, blockhead." I rolled my eyes as he passed me. Blockhead?! Sakura said he was nice.. my ass! If he wasn't in charge of the tuitions, I would whoop his ass. But I can't. I need to graduate or my parents will roll in their grave. I sighed, can this day get any worse?!

I was walking home as usual and I realize a familiar silhouette of a person in front of me.

It was Sasuke's back, he was only 10 feet ahead of me.

I started to have the jitters. Butterflies formed in my stomach. He is the last person I want to see, right now!

...

Should I overtake him? It's pretty awkward.
I mean, I know I'm not following him or anything. We have to walk the same route because we live at the same place..

... Or must we?
I looked around for a second route to take. If I cut through that building... bingo!
If I cut through that, past the alley ways and around the street, I'll be home. Even though it's almost like a full circle, I rather do that than walk behind the Uchiha.

I dashed across the road and cut through the hovering buildings. The alleyway was dark and quiet.

But at least now, I was finally alone and away from that Uchiha.