32: SIBLINGS (1)

Discord server, if you uhhh wanna take a nap, because I sure do: https://discord

Discord server, if you uhhh wanna take a nap, because I sure do: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

Izuku and Shouto toed off their shoes before padding down the hallway in a comfortable silence. His bright green gaze eagerly examined every inch of his surroundings, appreciating the traditional Japanese interior design and warm lighting. The other boy was walking stiffly with squared shoulders, steps light and silent, like he was used to sneaking around to remain unnoticed. Izuku paused thoughtfully for a moment as he assessed the polished wooden flooring and considered how likely he was to injure himself before shrugging. He took a couple of steps back before sprinting forwards, shifting sideways to maintain balance as he skidded along the ground, stumbling to a stop and spinning to turn and look at his friend with an elated grin.

Shouto had frozen in place, blinking in surprise and glancing between the floor and his classmate contemplatively. Izuku's smile grew wider and he opened his arms encouragingly, rapidly nodding his head. The other boy hesitated, a slight frown creasing his forehead, but he broke into a small smile of his own. He shifted backwards before jolting forwards, footsteps pounding on the floorboards before he stopped running and let the momentum carry him across to his friend. Izuku let out a startled huff of breath as the other boy slammed into him, but managed to regain his balance and stop them both from taking an unpleasant tumble. He snorted and dipped his head, trying to muffle his giggles. The faint shaking of Shouto's torso implied he was having similar difficulties, a quiet huff of amusement passing his quirked lips.

"Oh," a female voice murmured, her tone filled with fond warmth.

"Fuyumi," Shouto acknowledged with a flash of a smile, disentangling himself from his friend to approach her.

Izuku spun on his toes to see a young woman with white hair down to her shoulders, a messy fringe cast across her forehead with odd strands of red throughout the style. Her pretty face was gently rounded, with black glasses settled upon her nose that shimmered in front of almond-shaped grey eyes, so similar to Shouto's and Rei's. She tilted her head slightly, light eyebrows lowered in thought before she offered a friendly smile that faded out the tiredness in her features.

"You must be Izuku-kun," she commented softly, hands clasped together in front of her abdomen with only her fingers peeking out from the sleeves of her pink cardigan. "Ah, sorry- Shouto said you wouldn't mind if I called you that, but it was impolite of me, I apologise-"

"It's okay, Fuyumi-san!" Izuku instantly reassured, bouncing over and beaming. "You can call me Izuku, if you want."

The concern in her expression smoothed out and she gave a sheepish laugh, brushing some hair out of her face. "You're so sweet. I'm glad Shouto has a friend like you." She turned, sliding open one of the paper doors and glancing over her shoulder with a warm blink. "I made some tea, if you'd like some?"