45 - Let The Sleepy Wolf Lie

Lionel's Point Of View

Make no mistake, I am perfectly aware that 'Augustus' is the new Lily in disguise. Forget about looks or masks... the shine in 'their' eyes are the same.

I don't think anyone else realize because they haven't seen the new Lily without her mask, I have. And I already knew about her healing magic as well as her sword skills.

I don't intend to tell his highness about this though.

Why?

It isn't that I favor her over his highness. I will always remain loyal to Alstair. However, Alstair could not be allowed to see the mess in my family. But Lily already knows... and more importantly, she has protected my brothers, and helped save my mother.

For that I will keep her secret. As long as it doesn't become a danger to Alstair of course.

—-*—-

The son of the Marquess holding the territory to our border has sent an envoy to Celeste castle, or so I've heard. As such it appears that Lily and Eric have been sent to the capital until the event is over. Lily likely isn't there because they'd worry that she would be recognized, and Eric is likely here to mediate between Lily and Alstair.

As I gaze at their arrival through a window in the castle, it is clear that Eric was beginning to change. He looked less subdued now. Likely due to the influence of the new Lily. I was under the impression that Eric hadn't known about it last I saw them, but with everything rumored to have happened it was impossible for him not to know. Should I tell him that I know? We don't get along that well though.

I move away from the window and head towards the garden instead. Lily and Eric will be spending a couple of weeks here, and as such, so will I. Reynold and Curtis, my two brothers will be here too, although, as usual they are watching mother while I 'play' with his Highness.

The reason they must do that is because Gwenore is here too together with Bertram. The three of them have started getting along, but I worry about Gwenore trying to turn them against each other... at least mother isn't sick anymore. I need to think of a way to chase Gwenore out...

—-*—-

"Lionel." I turned towards the voice of William Aerielle. The only son of the current Prime Minister, also the only child. I must have been lost in thought for longer than I thought. The sky is turning grey as well... it's about to rain...

"What?"

"We should have the meeting now while they are unpacking."

He was referring to an anti-Lily meeting. More specifically, plans to get Alstair and Lily separated when Alstair needs a break. There is no need for it though, but William has insisted. He is the only one that hasn't met the new Lily yet. Though, I don't think Gil or Soleil has actually noticed any changes, since they only argue with her.

"Fine."

I sigh and follow William inside where Soleil and Gil are waiting, along with Alstair.

"Looks like everyone is here then. Let's go to the usual place." Gil's bedroom. Gil, like William are both only children, and unlike with William, we are certain no one wants to disturb Gil. Apparently he has charmed the maids to leave his room alone if he is in.

Since it's the usual place, we head there without any delay. As a just in case sort of thing I open the door first. It's a habit by now... it's not the first time assassins appeared in a room I unexpectedly entered.