Chapter 3

Garima and Buaji finally made it to the house and are astonished to see that Khushi was seating on the couch watching television instead of cleaning house, while Payal was cleaning.

"Eh Sanka Devi!" Buaji yelled out.

Upon hearing the name which she loathed with every fiber of her being, looked towards the front door. "Ji Buaji what can I do for you?" Khushi asks her aunt.

Garima walked in, giving her a stern look which said stop being rude. Buaji slowly walked in and made her way towards the couch to sit down, "Didn't your mother tell both you and your sister to clean house." Buaji stared into her eyes with a straight face, while Garima walked towards the kitchen.

Khushi shrugging her shoulders answered, "I want to know why we are cleaning house again, when just did it two days back." She turns around to look at her mother who was in kitchen and waited for an answer.

Payal shakes her head and says, "You know you might as well tell her the reason, otherwise she is not going to drop this topic."

Khushi gets up from couch, places both of her hands on her hips and smiles, "Exactly right Jiji, I will not!" She looks at her aunt and then at her mother and says, "So, might as well tell me."

Garima walks back into the living room and a with smile tells them, "We are cleaning house because tomorrow ladke wale dekhne areh hai Payal bititya ko."

"Kya! Jiji ko ladka dekhne aanewala hai?" Khushi excitedly says.

Payal on the other end shyly drops her head and smiles.

Garima walks up to her and gently caresses her hair, "Yes Khushi bitiya and that is why we have to make sure that everything goes smoothly tomorrow." She looks at her youngest daughter and points, "You will not cause any trouble or mishap." She gives her a stern look.

Khushi smiles and says, "I promise I won't amma, but who is the guy?"

Payal turns towards her mother and waits for an answer as well. Garima tells them who is he is and how their family knows them.

"Really amma, so they are your friend's family the aunty you always use talk about and tell us stories." Khushi says with a smile.

Garima nods her head and walks up to Khushi, "Yes dear, but you have to behave tomorrow."

Buaji shakes her head as she knows that even if she tried, trouble always seem to follow her Sanka Devi. Khushi joyfully smiles and starts teasing her Jiji.

"Bahut hogaya, now start helping your sister clean up, we have a lot to do before tomorrow." Garima tells her. The Gupta women started to clean and prepare for the guests arriving tomorrow.

Back in Delhi at the Raizada house, Anjali and Nani were getting everything ready for their trip to Lucknow.

Arnav walks in with a tired, worn out face and sees his Di and Nani busy preparing things for the trip. Anjali turns around and sees her brother, "Areh chote you are home?" She lovingly smiles and rises up from the couch.

Arnav nods his head and sits down on the couch with a sigh. "Di, all the arrangements are done. The flight leaves at 10pm tonight and we will be staying at Sheesh Mahal."

Anjali nods her head and says, "That is good chote. You relax I will bring a cup of tea for you." Anjali makes her way towards the kitchen.

Shyam with a smile walks in towards the living room and says, "Kya baat hai saale sahab, you have really lucked out that Nani ji has now moved on from you to Aakash for marriage." He sits down on the opposite side of Arnav on the couch.