Part 11

Khushi ran fast towards her bedroom after what had just happened at the pool side. She placed a hand over her fast beating heart. Her face flushed, lips swollen and stomach fluttering. She could not describe what she was feeling at this moment, but whatever it was, it was new to her. She touched her lips and could still feel the tingling sensation of the kiss.

She sat down on the bed and remembered.

**Flashback**

Everyone was seated at the dining table for dinner. Anjali and Payal were conversing on some topic regarding the engagement party, when Payal saw her sister enter the room with a daze look. It looked as if she had just taken a shower as her hair was wet.

"Khushi, did you take a shower?" Payal softly asked her.

Breaking out from trance, she looked at her sister, and gave her a smile. "Jiji, I was feeling really tired, so I thought why not take a quick shower to refresh myself." She answered her sister with a bubbly voice.

Payal has known her sister all her life, but was still a mystery to her as to what goes on in that mind of her sister; she shook her head and resumed to set the table. Anjali had a huge smile on her face as she saw her brother walking down the stairs seconds later all fresh with wet hair as well. She now very well something was definitely going on between him and Khushi. That is why she was happy for the fact that she had called Payal and Khushi's Buaji earlier. She politely requested to allow Khushi to stay back at the RM for helping out with the engagement and Payal would go over to her house. At first she was reluctant, but after much coaxing and pleading from Anjali she agreed.

"Are chote, did you also have shower to refresh yourself?" Anjali with a smirk playing on her mouth asked him as Arnav was making his way down the stairs.

Khushi was almost at the dining table when she heard Anjali Di mention that laad governor's name; she instantly tensed as she sensed him coming right up behind her. Anjali noticed Khushi's face turn red with crimson, almost as if she was blushing.

Khushi thinking fast on her feet rapidly took a left and went to the kitchen. She did not want to face him yet. Whatever had happened in the bathroom was still freshly seared into her mind and body. She was still feeling as if his lips were still on hers. The intensity and passionate way he had kissed her, had left her breathless.

Arnav had seen Khushi make a wide dash to the kitchen as soon as he had come near. He sat down on the chair and answered, "Yes Di, I did have a shower to refresh myself. Why ask?" He looked at her as he poured water into his glass.

Anjali smirking at her brother replied with a cheerful voice, "Nahi chote it is just that even Khushi had a shower, saying that she needed to refresh herself." She told him with a small smirk still playing on her lips.

Arnav chocked on his water while drinking, hearing what his sister had just told him. He placed the glass down and felt someone behind him giving him smooth rubs to calm his coughing. Thinking that it was his sister, he brought his hand up to his mouth to cough. When he opened his eyes, his sister was staring at him with a concern face.

"Chote are you okay? God who told you drink that water so fast?" she started yelling at him.

He looked at her and then wondered if his sister is in front of him than who is behind rubbing his back smoothly to calm his cough. He turns his head backwards and what he sees leaves him breathless.

Khushi was standing there, with her long wet tresses open. She had no make-up and her face looked remarkably gorgeous. Her eyes spoke volume to him as if to convey a message if he was okay. To which he nodded his head.

She walked away from behind him, and took her seat opposite him. She did not know why she did what she did, but when she heard him choking to death all she could think about was helping him. Arnav stared at her, but she refused to look up to him.

Anjali finally broke the dead silence at the table, she told them that she had called Buaji and requested her to let Khushi stay behind so that she can assist her with the engagement party.

Khushi shocked to hear this instantly looks up and sees a smirk and glint in his eyes. A very well know smirk playing on his lips, because now she would not be going anywhere. He mouthed the words, "Next time."

Khushi's eyes widen as what he had just mouthed. She knew now there was no escaping him and he would surely do something next time. She gave him an angry glare and looked away. He on the other hand was smirking.

Once the dinner was over, Anjali had asked the driver to drop Payal of safely at her aunt's place. Khushi on the other end, left abruptly from the dining table to lock herself in the room, because she did not want to face that prince of darkness.

Arnav saw her making a mad dash towards the stairs, so he excused himself as well. Telling his sister he had an important call to make and left from there.

Anjali nodding her head with a grin on her face as she knew very well where her dear brother was headed. She closed her eyes with a smile forming on her lips.

Khushi walking in rapid speed to get to her room before he could come, but alas she was not fast enough and felt a grip on her wrist. She stopped in her tracks as she did not have to turn around to know who it was that was gripping onto her wrist. She wriggled her wrist to break free, but that only made him grip tighter.

Arnav had a smirk plastered on his mouth and began to drag her along with him to the pool side. Khushi saw his backside, while he dragged her and with panicked voice said, "Let me go."

Arnav finally made it to the pool side and turned her around to face him in a swift motion.

**End of Flashback**

A knock on the door broke her flashback and she came back to present. She got up from the bed, walks to the door and opened it. She saw that it was Anjali di smiling at her, "Di aap? Come in." She told her politely.

Arnav was in his room, sitting on his couch staring at his laptop. He had a smile tugging on his lips as he remembered what happened earlier in the day. First, he cornered her in his bathroom and then at the poolside. He had no idea what was happening to him, but one thing he knew for sure was that he enjoyed kissing her. Her sensuous pink lips, her eyes, the curvaceous body how he wanted to run his hands and lips all over it.

He snapped out his dreamland and came back to reality. What was he thinking? He does not like her; in fact she irked him so much. Why was he getting so lost in her? He had no idea why this was happening to him; he had to shut her out of his life and heart completely.

He closed his eyes and made up his mind. Tomorrow he will give her the cold shoulder, not talk to her, and avoid her at all cost. She was slowly making a place in his life and that was not acceptable to him. He had to hurt her where it would hurt her the most. Tell her she means nothing to him and the kisses meant nothing.

He opened his eyes, ran his hands over his face, "Who am I kidding?" He shook his head as if to convince himself that he cannot break, he had to be strong, bring out the ASR that was in him, the callous, arrogant, rude business man.

Meanwhile, in Khushi's room Anjali had already left, leaving the box with her. Khushi had tears in her eyes after what Anjali had told her and also after reading the letter. She held the letter close to her heart and whispered, "I wish you were still here ma." She wipes the tears from the edge of her eyes, "He misses you so much as do I."

She placed the letter back neatly in the box, fingered the bangles and with soft voice said, "I don't know how he feels about me? However, I will not give up and that is a promise to you ma." She closes the box with a smile playing on her lips. She knew that she may have already given her heart to him, but he was a complete different story.