56. Hulk

The next day I decided to take a chance. I walked straight up to the Grandmaster and said. " I want to see the Hulk." 

He looked at me, then smiled, " You want to see him?" he asked. 

" I'm a big fan. Oh c'mon, you can do that for me, can't you?" I flashed him my sweetest smile. 

He sighed " Fine, follow me." I couldn't believe he just said yes. I followed him down a few elevators and we ended up in the champion's section. I heard them talking to each other while we were walking up.

- Hulk: Yeah, same. Hulk like fire, Thor like water.

- Thor: We're kind of both like fire.

- Hulk: But Hulk like real fire. Hulk like raging fire. Thor like smoldering fire.

I entered the room and they stopped arguing. 

" There you go." the Grandmaster said and walked off. 

Hulk looked at me, confused to why someone was in his room. 

" Bruce?" I asked stepping towards him. 

" No Bruce, only Hulk!" he yelled. 

" Okay, Hulk. You remember me?" I asked. 

He looked at me, " O, friend." He remembered me. 

" Yes good." I smiled " Are you okay?" 

" Perfect." he said. I was amazed by the vocabulary he possessed. He couldn't talk like that on Earth. 

" Now how do we get out here?" I asked Thor. " I have a plan." he said. He explained it to me, I got my stuff and went back to their room.

" Angry girl!" Hulk yelled. It was Brunnhilde who walked in. I didn't know she knew Hulk.

" What's going on? What are you..." Thor and I stepped out. 

" You're so thick-headed that you can't tell when someone's hiding all the way across the universe and wants to be left alone?" She knew Thor as well? 

" We need to talk." Thor said. 

" No, you wanna talk to me." she told him. 

" I need her to stay." Thor said and Hulk asked " Stay?" 

She didn't, so he threw a piece of furniture in front of her and asked again, more politely " Stay, please." 

" Please." Thor said. And I added one as well. 

She sighed " All right. Here's the deal. I'll listen to you till this is empty." She started chugging down a bottle of alcohol. " Asgard is in danger and people are dying. We need to get back there. I need your help. Wow." Thor said. The bottle was empty, that couldn't be healthy. 

" Finished. Bye." She said. 

" Brunnhilde please." I said. She stopped in her tracks. 

" Odin is dead." Thor said " Hela, the Goddess of Death, has invaded Asgard." 

She turned around " If Hela's back, then Asgard's already lost." 

" I'm going to stop her." Thor assured her. 

" Alone?" she asked. 

" Nope. I'm putting together a team." Thor said " It's me, you, Odette and the big guy." 

" No. No team. Only Hulk." Hulk said. 

" It's us three." I corrected him. 

" I think it's only you two." she added. 

They argued about Asgard for a bit longer, how Thor and Hela's powers come from Asgard. But it came down to the fact she wasn't gonna help. I concentrated on grabbing the electroshock device from her pocket. 

" Forget it. I have." She said. 

" Okay." Thor answered. 

" Okay." 

" Good. Great." 

" Great." 

" Thank you." I added. 

" For what?" she asked. 

" For this." I said handing the remote to Thor. 

" Didn't see that, did you?" he smiled. He pressed the button and his tracker came out. "There... That's better. You know, go ahead. Stay here and enslave people for that lunatic. Keep drinking, keep hiding. But me... I choose to run toward my problems and not away from them. Because that's what..." he threw a ball into the window, hoping to smash it. But it bounced back right at his face. " Because that's what heroes do." he said, threw the ball again, and the window smashed. We both jumped down and ran toward the junkyard where the Quinjet was.

Thor went in while I stayed on the lookout. I had never flown the jet so I was of no use inside. I heard him try all different names for himself, but none of them worked. 

" Try Point Break!" I yelled inside. Of course it worked. 

Suddenly Hulk came running towards us yelling " Friends stay!" I tried to keep him out but he barged into the jet still yelling " Friends stay!" I heard stuff being smashed and yelling. Then it was quiet.

A huge hologram of the Grandmaster appeared in the sky. " Sakaar, hear ye. Attention please. I have some bad news. My beloved exalted champion has turned up missing. Take to the streets. Celebrate my champion." he told them.

A bit later Bruce walked out of the jet. " Ohmygod Bruce!" I yelled grabbing him into a hug. 

" Odette?" he asked confused. 

I let him go and looked at him, his normal face. " You have no idea how much I've missed you! How are you? Are you okay?" I asked. 

" No!" he said " We're on a planet that's NOT earth!" 

" I know." I told him " It freaks the shit out of me too." I looked at what he was wearing " Why are you wearing my dad's clothes?" I asked him. 

" They're the only ones left in the jet." 

Thor came out of the jet as well and said " We have to hide, we'll use the mass of people."