Part 18 (Mature)

Anjali and Dhruv were seating in the dining room snickering away. Dhruv had told Anjali about what he saw at the restaurant, but Anjali was not at all surprised to hear that. She then shared with Dhruv what she had seen with Arnav walking out of her room in the wee hours of the morning. She knew something was brewing between the two and she for one was thrilled. She does not have to work hard in getting her baby brother interested in Khushi; it looks like he is already fallen hard for this mere girl.

Khushi walks into the dining room and both Dhruv and Anjali stop conversing with each other and give her a mischievous look. She looked at them with a baffled expression as to what has got into them. She sat down on the chair and poured herself some water into the glass.

"So, how are you feeling now Khushi? I hope you are feeling better?" Anjali asked with a teasing voice.

Khushi looks at her with a confused look and replies, "I am feeling okay Di. Why ask?"

"Well girlfriend told Di that you took a long time in restroom back at the restaurant, hence she is worried that is why she is asking." Dhruv explained to her with naughtiness.

Khushi starts to think that what if Dhruv saw her and Arnav coming out of the meeting room. She only told him that she has female problems to get him of off her back, but now it seems that both of them are hell-bent on teasing her.

"I am okay Di, really just that time of the month." She lied to her and prayed to her Devi maiyya for telling a blatant lie to cover up. It is entire stupid Laad governor's fault she thinks to herself.

They started to have dinner, but throughout the dinner both Anjali and Dhruv kept on teasing on certain remarks, which made Khushi think for sure that Dhruv had indeed seen her and Arnav. Now, she has to suffer through these teasing remarks for the rest of her time here in Shantivaan. She hears Anjali saying that Arnav is going to come in late at night as he has back-to-back meetings today same as Aakash. Khushi falters at hearing this news; she really wanted to see Arnav tonight, after what they shared earlier this afternoon than needed to talk about what is going on between them.

The effects of the afternoon rendezvous were seared in her brain and heart. She was in love with this Prince of Darkness and wanted to tell him how she feels about him. Dinner was done and over with as she excused herself to retire to her bedroom, telling them she was exhausted and is calling in an early night.

"Sure Khushi, not a problem, but you sure you are okay?" Anjali asked with a smile on her lips.

Meanwhile, Dhruv was trying his best to hold in a grin, as he very well knew that she was hoping to see Arnav tonight, but learning he is coming in late that is why she coming up with an excuse of being tired.

"Yes Di, I am okay. Thank you for asking and caring." She tells her with smile. "Good night guys." She tells them both and started to make her way towards her room.

Both Anjali and Dhruv in unison bid her good-night and let out a snicker as they really enjoyed teasing her. The look on her face was priceless; better her than teasing Arnav they both thought. Because if they started to tease Arnav, he would just shut them up with an ASR look.

She walks in her room and instantly falls in her bed with face down. She flips on her back with smile tugging on her lips at remembering what had transpired earlier in the conference room, she never knew that kind of love-making or if it was that? She got of her bed, walked to her dresses and opened her jewellery box. She picked the necklace. She traced the pendant on the chain with inscription of AK. His mother had put this on her when she was baby, claiming to her Amma that from this day forward she is Arnav's future bride. She smiled at she recalled what her mother had told her, she placed the necklace around her neck and trace the pendant again one more time. At least this way she will always feel close to him with the pendant resting close to her heart.