*Tyler & Jones*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 7638 words, is now 10040! Enjoy! :D

It's been about a month since the Doctor and I left Donna and since

It's been about a month since the Doctor and I left Donna and since... since we lost Rose. I'm doing better than I was but thinking about Rose still hurts... the pain is still raw. Keeping busy and spending time with Kas helps.

Yesterday, the TARDIS had let Kas and I know she'd found some plasma coils around Royal Hope Hospital. So, I had Kas admitted as a patient so we could investigate. I walk back into the ward that the Doctor is in, having just been investigating by myself. I get to his bed, smiling when I see his striped pajamas. "Find anything?" he asks, watching me close the curtain and then sit in his lap.

"No," I sigh in frustration, leaning back against him and his arms go around my waist.

"Think how I feel: stuck in bed while you go off and do all the work," Kas retorts, moving my hair and trailing kisses from behind my ear down to my shoulder.

I roll my eyes with a smile, biting my lip when he gives me a playful nip. "Yes, it must be awful to have the nurses fawning all over you," I let out a squeak when he pinches my hip. "Arse," I huff.

"Tiny," he smirks against my skin.

The curtain is pulled aside, making me jump slightly when I see Mr. Stoker and a group of medical students. "Now, then, Mr. Tyler... ah..." Mr. Stoker stops in his tracks when his eyes land on us and my face burns. "Apologies..."

Feeling as if I'm about to die of embarrassment, I move off the snickering Doctor and sit in the chair beside his bed. "Morning..." I wave awkwardly, making the Doctor snort loudly.

Mr. Stoker clears his throat, "yes, a very good morning to you both," he nods. "How are you today?" he asks Kas.

"Ah, not so bad, still a bit... you know, blah," he sticks his tongue out.

"John Tyler, admitted yesterday by his wife, Star Tyler, with severe abdominal pains," Mr. Stoker informs his students. "Jones, why don't you see what you can find? Amaze me," he deadpans and I raise an eyebrow. That doesn't seem like a very good way of teaching. How are they supposed to feel safe in their learning if you don't even believe in them in the first place?

A pretty young woman that was probably just a couple inches taller than me... and looks a bit familliar steps up to the Doctor, pulling her stethoscope from around her neck. "That wasn't very clever, running around outside, was it?" she asks him, making me frown. Um... what?

"Sorry?" Kas frowns up at her.

"On Chancery Street this morning," Jones looks between us, her eyebrows furrowed. "You came up to me and took your tie off," she points to Kas and then me. "You ran up to me, called him an idiot, and then ran after him."

"Well, he is an idiot," I smile, ignoring Kas' protest while Jones bites her lip to keep from laughing. "But why the hell would we do that for?"