20- After Math

Nova was sitting behind me, rubbing circles on my back as I tried so hard not to hit something.

My dad was a coward.

He cheated on mom again and had gotten this one pregnant.

Dumbass.

Nova had been trying to calm me down all night, and I was having troubles sleeping. I couldn't until I talked to my dad. I thought the prick had learned his lesson but I guess not.

He didn't even bother to show up to Lacey's birthday party. The only reason she threw that party was because mom and dad would be in Colorado.

Or so she thought.

He was such an asshole.

"Baby you need to relax, your muscles are so tight" Nova says resting her chin on my shoulder.

I take a deep breath and dig my palms into my eyes.

I couldn't relax.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't.

Nova sighs before getting off the bed and walking towards the door.

"Don't leave" I beg her

She turns and looks at me.

"I'm not going anywhere Spence, I just have to pee" 

She leaves the bedroom and I stand up and run my fingers through my hair. This whole situation with my dad had me pissed off. I couldn't focus. I needed to focus.

I head into the closet and change into grey sweats and a black t shirt before laying on the bed, with my ankles crossed and one hand behind my head.

I hated being stressed and right now I didn't have alcohol to turn to. I needed to find another way out.

Nova comes back with her hair now in a messy bun and her makeup cleaned off her face. She had changed into an oversized T-shirt that hung off her shoulder and a pair of booty shorts.

I wasn't complaining.

She climbs into the bed next to me before cuddling up to me. Her arm goes across my stomach as her head rests on my chest. My free hand wraps around her body, pulling her closer to me.

"She asked me to be her lawyer" I whisper.

Silence answers me and I didn't think she heard me until she responded.

"Are you going to?"

"Of course I am. She's my mother. And she needs me."

Nova tightens her hold on me.

"I'm sorry about your parents" she mumbles into my chest.

"It was bound to happen eventually"

"I know but finding out the way you did, that wasn't right"

I let out another deep breath and kiss the top of her head.

"You know I love you right?" I whisper to her.

She props herself up on her elbow and stares into my eyes.

"Spen-"

"And you know that I would never cheat on you. Or leave you. You know that right?"

She nods her head slightly.

"Yes, I do."

"I don't know what I would do without you Nova."

She flashes a weak smile in my direction before leaning down and kissing me.

The kiss was soft and slow and I felt myself instantly relax, all the tension and stress vanished from my body as her lips moved against mine.