Chapter 31: Protection

3 months later...

Friday
8th November 2019

2:45 p.m

Omniscient

"Thank you

"Thank you.." Maggie smiled as she retrieved the bags from the woman who was on the other side of the counter.

She walked out of Victoria Secret and made her way home. Maggie had postponed the baby shower due to the amount of stress that she was dealing with. Kain would barely pick up the phone, her mom was now worried about her dad, too much essays were being handed out and on top of that, she thought that one of her good friends she had gotten to know better was considered as family. It's gotten to her and she knows that stress isn't good for the baby.

She's downloaded many apps that'll help with stress. Everyday whenever she gets home, she spends at least 15 minutes meditating. It's known to help when under stress. That's what she's read all over the blogs.

She unlocked the doors of her car with the key and put the bags in the boot. Getting in the car, she called Kain once more hoping that he'll pick up but, he didn't. She put her phone down and tried not to get upset about it. Driving home, she just kept on thinking. Thinking that maybe he's cheating on her. Well, Kain is very good looking and he can get any girl just with the click of his fingers. Many girls throw themselves to him, so why not? Maybe he is cheating..What if he's done it multiple times in the past but she just never knew about it.

The more she thought about it, the more she got anger until, she slammed on the breaks. She took deep breaths and shut her eyes tightly. She didn't want to think that but it just came to her mind. She tried shaking it off but she couldn't. She wiped her tears that fell from her eyes and heard the cars behind. She quickly opened her eyes and widened her mouth as she felt her baby kick.

"I'm sorry, baby.." She sighed.

A man knocked on the window and she looked at him immediately, "Are you alright?" He noticed that she was a young girl that was pregnant.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine thank you. It's just the baby but it's nothing to worry about." Maggie smiled.

"Are you sure you don't need me to call an ambulance?".

"I'm sure." Mahogany gave the man a smile hen drove off.

She got back to her dorm and stepped out of the car. Dominic saw her and he walked over to where she was. He gave her a smile and she couldn't help but smile back. He took the bags from the boot of the car without saying a word and helped bring them up. She was used to it. He'd always help and whenever she'd refuse, he wouldn't pay no mind. Many people would just walk by and not do anything but he's actually offered to help just in case anything was to happen.