A safe place to stay

This chapter is dedicated to Gowther98 , a person who made my day so much better with his/hers supportive comment. 🤗

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where am I?" Danny asked and he surprised himself. He wasn't trapped in Dan's head now, he was free. A pure smile appeared on his face but it soon fell when he realized he wasn't alone.

**********

Danny looked at his captor with eyes full of fear. The man in front of him wanted to finish him off only few hours ago. The young halfa started sobbing for an unknown reason and he couldn't stop it, like he couldn't stop Dan.

Red hood was a bit skeptical about this young boy. There were many valid reasons for him to be, for example he was a mass murderer only few hours earlier and Red hood couldn't know if all of this wasn't just a game. When the boy didn't stop crying for a long time, he decided to try and approach him. Red hood took off his helmet, revealing black hair with white streaks and eyes covered by a red domino mask.

"What's your name?" Jason asked the boy while he moved his chair a little closer. The kid looked at him, he himself not being 100% sure about the man sitting next to him. After a while of staring, Danny gave in.

"My name is Danny Fenton." Danny said to the man next to him but he didn't look at him, he leveled his gaze on his tied hands.

"Where are your parents?" Red hood kept asking questions. Suddenly, he recognized the name, Fenton was the last name of those scientists who died under the ruins of the mansion.

"Dead." The boy answered but his words were full of anger and at the same time, grief. The masked vigilante made a mental note that parents were a delicate topic. He wanted to get as much information on the boy as he could before he would turn back into the adult and fly away.

"Why did you kill those people?" The question surprised the young boy. He lifted his head and stared into the masked eyes.

"Do you think I wanted to kill those people?" Danny cried, making the vigilante flinch. He didn't expect a criminal with a kill count like him to question his actions. The boy started crying again but now fully, not holding back tears. The hot tears were dripping down his face, soaking the cover. When Danny was out of tears and got himself somehow together, he opened him mouth like he was about to say something but then he closed it.

"You can tell me." Red hood encouraged. Danny hasn't shown a sign of struggle yet, so there was no reason to play the bad cop.

"I... well he... we..." Danny started but didn't know how to form the sentence. "Well... it wasn't exactly me." Was all he could get out. There was a long silence, no one knew what to say. Red hood had many questions but he didn't want to press.

"You know who I am." The statement shocked Red hood. This was kind of a slow going interrogation but he didn't expect to be the one answering questions here.

"Yes, I know."

"Then you know that my parents used to be ghost hunters and inventors..." Danny pauses for a moment, reconsidering if he should tell his story or be quiet. He went with the first option because Red hood was the first person in this world who talked to him like to a normal human without looking at his dark side.