1.

sean lew was always excited and nervous to share his craft with everyone else. he was always excited to see everyone learn new things, and to watch people go beyond their limits. and that positivity just glowed so well from him that it was contagious.

that was one of the traits he has that made everyone genuinely love him even more. he was just true to his love for his passion, and that alone is inspirational for everyone else.

however, today wasn't exactly one of those days.

and it's because of a certain brown-headed girl that has been the source of all his headaches.

"it's whatever, sean, just go."

"what do you mean just go?" sean almost exclaimed, his eyes widened even though the other line can't seem him. "of course i'll just go. jenna, i told you, i'm teaching a class today."

"today, when i specifically told you months ago i needed you to be with me to this event today, sean." he can almost feel how agitated the girl was with him, with her eyes rolling to the back of her head. "i have to go."

"you told me just two weeks ago you're bringing someone else instead." sean kept his tone at bay, not wanting to cause an even bigger issue with his bestfriend. "you mean a lot to me, i swear, but you just get too much sometimes."

"you know what, i don't care. goodluck with class."

before sean could utter another word, the call beeped, a signal that the phone call ended.

with another angry sigh, sean plopped back down on the couch and shoved his phone aside. he was supposed to be over the moon for his class, but instead, his bestfriend was acting up on him again.

she means the world to him, of course she does.

after dancing with her for almost three years now with a lot of achievements made together, they were inseparable at everything. she was a soulmate in the form of a bestfriend — a platonic soulmate — because they knew each other more than anyone ever could. there was just this deep bond between them that no one could ever break.

like two peas in a pod, they were made for each other in that way.

but lately, little things started changing with jenna, and sean wasn't sure if it was a good kind of change.

she started being demanding, and she always had to be clingy with sean. she put up fights with him when there shouldn't even be one. she'd get easily upset, and of course sean had to do something to make her smile again.

there were just instances that it was the jenna that got mad over a eight-count step more than the jenna who gave him a piggyback ride a month ago out of pure boredom.

he was confused. in all shapes and forms and thoughts, he was confused with why she was acting up. and he was tired, way too tired to even bring it up with her — even though he knew he should.

a lot has been happening, and he didn't want to add on to that with even more problems. not that he was saying jenna was a problem, but she was.

too much, too much.

with another tired sigh from him, he slammed his laptop shut and closed his eyes tightly in frustration, "jesus christ."

alaska usually didn't fret as much with what she wore to dance class. maybe younger her did — cue cringe at all the neon tanktops and cheetah leggings — but now, she was up for just plain leggings and a top. it was pretty minimalistic, and not too loud.

after all, it was just dance class.

however, today made a difference.

it was a dance class with sean lew.

which made her clothing decisions a little bit scarier.

"leggings or sweats, leggings or sweats, leggings or sweats." alaska was pacing around the room, her eyes locked on her clothing options on the bed. "oh my gosh, las, it's like you're trying to choose between life or death."

i mean, it shouldn't be a big deal because it's literally just dance class and dance clothes. she could show up with hobo pants and it'll still be a dance class.

but it's with sean lew.

"doesn't matter!" she exclaimed to herself. positivity is key. "what matters is the dancing, the lessons, the piece, the learning. right? not sean lew. definitely not sean lew. not sean lew. not sean charles lew."

"no, it's definitely sean lew."

"lani! you scared me!"

"what's scary is how you look so concerned over sweats and leggings. you weren't this concerned for your driver's permit," her older sister said, with a matter-of-fact tone, "just be you."

"that's scary," the raven haired girl deadpanned. she most definitely did not want to be her today.

"well, that's what you're supposed to do, dumbo. just go with the sweats. it's far more comfortable, plus you'll be fine." lani tapped her sister on the head, almost comfortingly in a way. "sean already looks like he doesn't give a fuck about what he wears anyway."

"lani!" alaska exclaimed, annoyed but with a hint of a smile on her lips. it sort of was the truth. "he still looks good. excuse me."

it was like her sister turned mute on her and just waltzed outside the room without a second glance. lani never let that one instance of sean wearing ugly black pants pass, and that baggy shirt he should have left in 2016.

with another groan escaping her lips, she took another glance at the grey sweats and black croptop pair on her bed. and then let out another prolonged whine that pretty much resembled what an indecisive and frustrated teenager would sound like.

sean lew won't care. sean lew won't care. show up, dance, meet him — oh my god las you're gonna meet him — and just be yourself. right? go with it.

it's not like he'll notice her anyway. on god, there are a lot of dancers out there who are far better and more attention-catching. and who are also a lot prettier, and breathtaking, and amazing, and jenna alvarez.

she'll only get noticed if she suddenly turned into the jenna freaking alvarez.

"fine. the simpler, the..the better..? oh my gosh. just be jen— yourself, cho, yourself. like always. like. always."

with one last squeal to herself, she hurriedly grabbed the grey sweatpants and black cropped top pair before she could second guess herself.

this was going to be a looooong day.

highkey this first chapter is boring. but anywhooo

drop down ideas on what you want to happen to this story! maybe i coulddd use some of yourrr help:)
-flo