Mystery Ends

Annabeth's POV

Rachel's eyes widened and my mouth dropped at the sight of a familiar face, holding a gun pointed right at us.

"Hana! What in the Hades are you doing?" Rachel gasped. Bianca stood there frozen, her phone still on the floor, while Hana simply stared at us with a wild look on her face.

No, it couldn't be. Hana, the innocent daughter of Aphrodite, the sweetest of them all? The one we met at the camp, the one who seemed like a shy and innocent girl.

"Hana, what are you doing? Put the gun down!" Rachel continued and stared at Hana, trying to find a reason for this.

"Really Rachel?" She exclaimed and the sweet accent I had once known was gone, replaced by a threatening tone," you had to help them out?"

"You were the one who set off the fire?" I questioned her.

"What do you want me to say, Annabeth? Yes? Then I admit it! It was supposed to an accident," Hana yelled.

"Hana, put the gun down," I told her,"this isn't what you want to do."

"You don't know what I can do, Annabeth. You don't know the pain I suffered all because of you," she hissed.

"Why are you doing this to us?" Bianca asked, her eyes scrunched in confusion. 

"To her," she pointed the gun to me," Get rid of you."

"She has to go!" Hana turned towards Rachel," you know she does."

"No, she doesn't. Hana, drop it please. Can't you see how insane you're acting right now!" Rachel yelled back, with tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"You know each other?" I asked Rachel.

"Of course we do. We're best friends, aren't we, Rachel?" Hana turned her head towards Rachel and gave her a vile smile. Rachel, in return, gave her a disgusted look.

"Not anymore," Rachel blurted out and Hana frowned.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I wished that this wasn't real.

Keep calm, Annabeth. Think of your friends. Think of your dream mother. Think of all the happy moments in your life. Think about...Percy. I opened my eyes again.

The fire, the sabotage, the gun pointed right at me! It's like I could see right through her, I realized how quick I was to judge her in the beginning.

"Why, Hana?" I told her and shook my head in betrayal.

"Don't act like you don't know anything, Annie," she hissed," all my life's hard work ruined by your selfish ways!"

"Hana, tell me why- why you're doing all this!?" I demanded. I tried to get more time from her. To think of something to stop her with.

"You. You stole every dream I had. I wanted that role for Samantha in Slashed. You didn't deserve it, yet you came in and grabbed it right from my hands. Of course, they handed over my role to a more "experienced actress"," she mimicked.

"-Hana, I swear-"I started but she interrupted me.

"-not only did you crush my dreams but you took my only job from me. I was gonna walk the runway Fashion week for Aphrodite's. But, you- you had to come in and steal it from me. MY OWN mother fired me from my only job. And lastly, my dream guy, I'm sure he loved me, but you came and took him, too! Percy was supposed to be mine. And this all shows the person you really are. So say goodbye, Annie, you ugly, psycho bit-" She fell, knocked out of her feet and the gun rang out.