Bonus Chapter 2

Jaxon Gray

"I'm not taking you to the hospital just because you stubbed your toe

"I'm not taking you to the hospital just because you stubbed your toe."

I let out a deep breath as I stared at my six year old sister who was crying on the floor.

"Jax, it hurts!" She limped towards me and threw herself in my arms. She wiped her snotty nose on my new shirt and I internally let out an annoyed groan.

"I broke my little toe!"She screamed in my ear, making me stumble back a little. Thank god, the couch was there to support me.

I really deserve the award for best brother of the fucking year.

"You didn't break anything, sweetheart. You hit your toe against a pillow."

"A hard pillow." She sobbed, burying her face in the crook of my neck. She's so dramatic, oh god. She could easily become the next Emma Watson with all the acting skills.

"It was not hard. You're just being dramatic."

This made her cry even louder. For fucksake!

"What is happening?" The front door opened and mom entered the living room. "Jaxon, why is she crying?" She asked worried.

"She stubbed her toe against a pillow and now she wants me to take her to the hospital."

Mom rolled her eyes, but took Lexi from me. "Come here, mommy's girl. I will put ice on it, okay?"

"She hit her toe on a pillow!" I cried out as I let out an exasperated sigh. "She's just being dramatic."

Mom gave me a blank stare and placed Lexi on the couch. "Mommy will come right back. I'll get some ice."

I followed mom to the kitchen and watched her placing ice cubes in a cup. "How was work, Mom?"

"Tiring." She let out a deep sigh and turned around. "You send the nanny home early today?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, she left three hours ago."

"Where's your father?" Mom asked, handing me the cup with ice.

"In his study room. Something work related came up." I took the cup with ice from her and headed back to the living room where Lexi was still crying.

I swear this girl never runs out of tears.

"I have ice here for you, sweetheart. Now stop crying. Crying makes you ugly."

After the words left my mouth her lips quivered and she cried louder. Goddammit!

Mom ran out of the kitchen and stared at us in confusion. "Why is she still crying?"

"JAX SAID I'M UGLY, MOMMY!!" Lexi screamed on top of her lungs as the tears fell down her cheeks like a waterfall.