he loved me too early.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

kaycee's pov:

A small part of me always thought we would end up together. even the part of me that thought we were only best friends, the thought always ended up coming up, in the middle of the night while i'm trying to fall asleep or in the middle of a dance class. i did my best to push that thought away, but as much as i tried, it always came back.

I wonder if he knew how i felt. did he feel the same way? probably not, but it's comforting to know that he might have. did all those dances mean something to him or was i just another person he danced with? I hope i wasn't because he was way more to me than just a person i danced with. god i was so in love with him. but i just realized it when it was too late.

if i could choose to do it all over again, i would've because those were the best times of my entire life. i would go through every argument and every single fight all over again just to see his face, hear his voice, feel his touch on my bare skin.

we don't even talk anymore. we used to talk everyday. i used to see him every single day. i can't even go to class anymore because all the memories of us dancing on that floor all floods in at once. slowly drowning me until i'm left feeling nothing. i dance and i feel absolutely nothing. i used to dance with so much passion and love, but all my moves mean nothing now, there's no connection with the music and my body. there's nothing left.

when he left he took a piece of me as well. when sean left it was like a part of me was missing, he was the best part of me. he used to say kaycees smile makes rainbows, but he didn't know that smile was there because of him and when he left, he took it with him.

i wanted to love him, i really did. i just didn't know how. i didn't know how to show my affection and who knew it would cost me. he loved me. he showed me he did, he never physically said it, but i knew he did. he loved me when i didn't feel the same way. he loved me too early and i loved him too late.

sean's pov:
i loved that girl with every part of me. she was everything to me and i just left her. i loved kaycee more than a best friend and she knew that, and i know she did too. she was not just a dance partner to me, she was so much more than that. she was my best friend and the person i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. i know we were young, but our love was so intense and passionate more than most adults in relationships. i knew that she was the one, and i let her go.

i would do anything to go back in time and relive those moments. those were the best moments of my entire life and i know they were hers to. i just want to see her angelic smile, hear her beautiful laugh that would echo through the room. i want to feel her skin that used to graze my hand when we danced.

I used to see her everyday. I used to talk to her everyday, but now she's just a ghost i see, her  laugh echoes throughout my mind reminding me of what i have lost.  I hope she is still dancing, she was so amazing i know it sounds cheesy but i was really her biggest fan. i cheered her on through every single dance and i comforted her with every mistake she made. her dancing put me in a trance, she was so graceful and it felt as if you touched her she would break, because she was so delicate. i hope she still danced with the passion and emotion she danced with when i was there. her love seemed to spill out of her when she danced.

i used to say kaycees smile makes rainbows and it's true. her smile was so bright and beautiful, it could light a dark path and that's what she did for so many people. help people through the dark. i hope that smile is twice as bright.

i know she wanted to love me. she tried to show affection, but she couldn't.  i never told her i loved her, but trust me, i did everything in my power to show her. i loved her when she didn't love me. i loved her too early and she loved me too late.

////

ummm holy crap this is my favorite thing i've ever written.  this was inspired by neptune by sleep at last. please comment some suggestions of things to write about.  also thank you guys so much for the votes and the views! it A B S O L U T E L Y  amazing! i would have never though i would even get one vote! 🌿🌻

- kamille ♥️