iii. THE CONFRONTATION

THE NEXT day, Icarus drove himself and his sister to school. "Working on your college applications already?" He asked the Senior who glances up. "Yep. Gotta be prepared. Mrs. Greene says I already have the grades, I just need to continue with the rest of the school year." She says as they arrive to the school. "Well, shit.. Lucky you." Icarus says and Riley chuckles. "It will be you in two years, alright? You just gotta not give up." She says.

"Thanks, Riles." He says then she got out. Not wanting to be late, the girl hurried on into the school. He takes his time however but when he walks in, the first thing he saw was Steve and Nancy by her locker. He walks by them with no problem, pretending it didn't bother him. Steve noticed him right away, stopping his conversation with Nancy suddenly but then Nancy spoke again.

"I feel like everyone's staring at me.." The brunette girl says as she looked around. "Oh, uh, why do you think that is?" Steve says as he looks back at Nancy who looks up at him. "Um.. nothing, forget it." She says then saw Millicent walking in with Tommy. The two couldn't even part and it made her feel sick. That girl, just the night before, was kissing her and touching her in ways that no one else has ever before. And here she was, lying her ass off to Steve. "What did you, um.. do after you and Millicent changed?" Steve says as he looks behind Nancy again, at Icarus at his locker a few feet away.

"Oh, uh, just went home.. that's all." Nancy says and Steve nods with a small forced smile at her. "And you? Uh, after you and Icarus went into your room?" She asked and he looks down. "Oh, uh, he just changed and went home so.. I went to bed. Was super tired, almost passed out the moment I went into my room." He says and she only nods.

"Oh, okay.. cool." She says, it's like both knew they were both lying to each other but, still, Steve nods, smiling slightly at her before he is walking away. Icarus glanced their way one more time before he went to his first class of the day.

Later after school, while Icarus was smoking a cigarette, flipping through his sketchbook again, he looks up when he heard something smashing onto the ground. He walks over right away, throwing his cigarette away and saw that Steve had broken Jonathan's camera. "Dude, what the fuck? Leave him alone." He said as he stood beside Jonathan. Steve gave him one glance before he spoke, "whatever. Let's go. The game's about to start." He starts to walk away and Tommy H followed as Millicent rips up the pictures in pieces. She throws them to the ground as Icarus crossed his arms.

Nancy looks at Icarus before looking down. She notices pictures of Barb which she starts to pick up. She looks at Jonathan before standing, turning around and following Steve, Nicole, Millicent and Tommy as well. "What the fuck was their deal?" Icarus asked as he looks at Jonathan who was crouched down, trying to pick up the pieces of his now broken camera on the ground. "They saw my pictures.." Jonathan said, looking up at him. "What about them?" Icarus says as he glanced at the pictures blowing through the wind.

"They were of you guys at Steve's.." Jonathan said as he looks down. "Cool. Never had a stalker before." Icarus says with a smirk as Jonathan stood up. "Wasn't stalking. I was looking for my brother.." He said and Icarus nods. "Might know why Steve was so worked up about it.. did you.. did you happen to see anything in his room?" He asked and Jonathan shakes his head right away. "No.. Was I suppose to?" He asked with a sort of smug tone and Icarus rolls his eyes. "Shut up, Byers." He says and Jonathan crosses his arms. "You hiding something? Is Steve is hiding something?" He asked him.

"No. Not at all. Why? Does it seem that way?" Icarus asked and Jonathan rolls his eyes. "I didn't see anything, Icarus.. Just a bunch of asshole kids partying.." He says as he shoves his hands into his pockets. "And still decided to photograph them? And wait man, I'm an asshole kid now? I defended you." He says, pointing at him.