95. Cavalry

You honestly weren't sure of what happened

You honestly weren't sure of what happened. When you saw Taehyung driving Greta whilst screaming at everyone to jump off, something brewed within you. Suddenly, you considered the possibility of the darkness gem bearer not making it out.

So, you ended up swallowing your fear and jumped back onto Greta's deck. You could still feel the intense rumbling of the explosions and the bullets that showered both of you from above. Despite that, what you clearly saw was the stunned expression on Taehyung's face.

Your knees scraped the ground as you pushed yourself closer to Taehyung. Truthfully, what you were about to do was way out of line, almost completely unnecessary in the current situation as well.

But for some reason, the possibility of Taehyung dying to save the team made you realize something. And to confirm those feelings, you knew that you had to give him a kiss.

This kiss with Taehyung was different and you figured that it was due to it being the second one with him. You felt more comfortable this time, more confident even. It was almost as if time had stopped in this very moment.

When Taehyung snaked his hand in your hair, suddenly it all made sense. You did feel something towards him, something raw and real, something that had been resting within you for so long.

You pulled back from the kiss. After staring at Taehyung's face for a few seconds, you wondered if his glowing purple always sparkled like this. The sound of flying bullets snapped you back to reality.

Everything else was a blur at that point onwards. Taehyung promised that he'd live, you kept that in mind as you jumped off Greta's deck. Then there was an explosion that knocked you off course and now you were clinging onto the handles of a hover-bike with your legs dangling in the air.

It wasn't that difficult to take control of the situation. All you had to do was slam your shield on the Helian soldier's head. Now you were seated on the hover-bike whilst the rest of the riders glared at Taehyung with their pointed guns.

You glanced at the still crashing Greta. Taehyung was desperately spinning at the captain's wheel as smoke rose from under the ship. Truthfully, you wanted to help but knew that you couldn't use your Helian magic that well yet.

When one of the Helian warships hovered above Greta, an idea suddenly popped in your head. Swiping your hand across the hover-bike's control panel, you swallowed hard at the multiple buttons that appeared.

You slowly gripped the twin joysticks of the hover-bike, its rubber warm against your palms. With a deep breath, you pressed the buttons on the levers. The sudden firing of bullets made your body jolt backwards slightly.

The Helian riders turned towards you. Your eyes burned as you glared at all the soldiers. "Hey, assholes! Come at me!"

Whirring of engines filled your ears as the Helian riders gathered. Your eyes widened when you realized how many they were— so many that they extended out of your view. Their piercing purple orbs bored into your skull.