Chapter-18

Rolli ran on the treadmill as if being chased by a ghost, her thoughts clouded with Dev. She couldn't get rid of his harsh last words, she felt Jaigarh would be an escape but it luck seemed to have ditched her. The moments her eyes fell on Sona, she knew life had another things in store for her.

''You will get a stroke with that speed.'' Vikram switched the machine off. Rolli stood holding it leaned forward , trying to catch her breath. After a moment, she jumped off it making her way out of the gym. ''What's wrong with you Rolli? Why are you ignoring me?'' Vikram asked pissed with her silence

''I am just maintaining the calm. I don't want you blaming me for being nosy, again.'' She replied turning away

Vikram grabbed her arm before she could walk away, ''Rolli, what's wrong? I am your Vicky. We are reflection of each other.''

''Really? Then why didn't you tell me about getting married ? why didn't you think it was important to inform me about your decision?'' She walked off but he didn't leave her so easily

''No, there is something else. Speak up?''

''I want to kill someone and I will the moment he steps near me.'' She roared

''Who? Your boyfriend, he broke your heart. I knew it. Just tell me his name and trust me I will kill him.''

She thought and then replied shaking his insides, ''Your wife's brother. He chose me to have some fun. Whatever I do, the moment I see Sona Dev's betrayal dances in front of my eyes. The day I see him again, he will know what Aahna Ranvijay Rathore can do.'' 

Vikram's fingers curled, ''How dare he?'' His eyes moved to his sister whose shoulder seemed slumped.  Vikram pulled his little sister in his arms. The tears she had held for so long made their way  down her eyes, ''it hurts Vicky, it hurts a lot.'' Her voice came chocked. Vikram hugged her tight, he cursed himself for being incompetent as a brother. Cupping her face he wiped the tears with his thumb pad. ''You are my little spitfire. Tears don't suit you.''

''I won't forgive him. Ever!''

''Don't then and when time comes, we will make him pay.'' He pulled her cheek trying to make her smile. She did.

***

''Hukum are you free?'' Sitara walked into Veer's chamber. Dipika smiled greeting her with nod. 

''Give me a good news Sitara.''

Sitara smiled, ''You mother is alive. That accident was just a mere distraction and I have a feeling she is the real mastermind behind everything.''

''I second you on that.'' Dipika turned and stood facing Sitara,'' Let this be just between you and me. I know it will take time but find her, and once you have your hands on her, we will pull the strings.''

''She  keeps changing her hideouts.'' Sitara informed

''How many more? World is a round place , she will cross my path somewhere.''

''Are you planning to kill her?''

Dipika smiled shaking her head, ''Killing is last thing on my mind but if required , I will do without a hesitation.'' Sitara greeted her walking out. Dipika stared at the oblivious narrowing her eyes towards the sky, 'I was trained to be an heir and when time comes, I will show you the hell Netra.'

***

Ranvijay spat the tea being served to him on the breakfast table, ''Who the hell made this? Where is Chitra?''

''She must be busy and don't forget she isn't your staff.'' Ananya admonished him

''She is my personal chef. Where is she?'' Ranvijay just had the tea or coffee made by Chitra. Initially, it was just to keep the heart of the innocent child who kept following him as her mother projected the elder Rathore nothing less than God. With moving years, Ranvijay too had developed the habit to start his day with tea made by Chitra.