Prologue

══════

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

══════

Areum is the I-dont-like-being-close-to-people girl. She sometimes finds happiness by just being alone and spending time with herself. She doesn't like going out with people, even if she's close to them. 

She never liked guys courting her. She finds it annoying. Every minute, she would receive a text or calls from unknown numbers. She tried avoiding these events as much as possible by changing her number, but life can be tricky. Her admirers would always find a way just for them to notice her.

Yes, she's beautiful, but she never praised herself for being a complete beauty goddess. She hated it when she got attention. She gets embarrassed when people compliment her. She just hated being in the spotlight.

She never let herself be careless when it comes to grades. She doesn't care when there's a group project, and her co-members aren't even helping; they're all lazy. It would be best to say you are lucky to be paired with her; she almost does everything. She won't leave any blank answers when it comes to answering exams.

Areum loves vacation. She loves it since they'll be away and go to places to relax and unwind. She would especially love to go to the beach. She loves hearing the calm waves of the sea and the burning sensation of the sun's heat on her skin.

Areum never fell in love with anyone until...

Third Person's POV:

"Where are we going?" Areum asked with a loss of interest as she blinked a few times. Her brother glanced at her before he smiled widely in the mirror. Areum saw his reflection as she squinted her eyes with suspicion.

"Somewhere..." Her brother answered as he adverted his gaze back to the road. He turned on the radio, and some random music started playing.

Areum placed her head against her seat as she tilted her head to the side of the window. She saw different types of cars passing by them as if the vehicles were in a race on how fast they were driving. The sun was setting as the vehicle drove beside the bay. She grabbed her earphones from her pocket and turned on her phone to listen to music. She crossed her arms and closed her eyes.

15 Minutes Later...

"Areum, Areum, wake up. We're here." Areum's brother shook her body gently as Areum fluttered her eyes open. Areum's eyes looked around, and she gasped when she saw their previous home.

Areum almost lost control when her dog and her memories flashed. She held back her tears and smiled weakly at her brother instead of frowning. She couldn't bear to feel such pain again when the memories came back again.

It's the place where she took care of her dog, Cindy. She loved seeing so much that she felt her heart torn apart when she heard her beloved dog died. She would always take Cindy for a morning walk and play with her in the afternoon. They would play fetch, and they would sometimes run for no reason.

"I have a surprise for you, Areum~" Jimin cooed, and Areum didn't even notice that her brother was behind her. Areum turned around carefully, and then her eyes widened.

"IS THAT A BUNNY?!?"