6; The First Day Of School

AN: thanks for all of the reads! I just hit 100... that's crazy because I only published this book like a week ago! :0 anyways enjoy!
...

Happy gave Tony and I a ride to my school, I was actually kind of surprised Tony came along, but I was glad he did. When we pulled up, the sun was shining down on the big, brick building and children of all ages were running around it. I guess it didn't look too bad, but it was all a cover up. This was a trick, and I knew it. This was hell.

I was broken out of my thoughts when Tony and Happy both opened their doors, so I scooted over and opened mine as well. Happy pulled it open all the way and I stepped out onto the sidewalk, pulling my back pack over my shoulder. I squinted at the sun as I stared up at the school.

"It's nice, hm?" Tony asked. I hesitated and gulped before nodding. He chuckled.

There was a playground inside the front gate where kids played and some teachers watched them. The teachers peered over to us and seemed to take a double take when they saw Tony. They began whispering to one another while eyeing us down. They recognized him, everyone does.

"You gonna be okay?" Tony asked.

"I guess so."

He smiled

He smiled. "Hey. You'll do great. They're gonna love you."

I stood on the edge of the sidewalk as Happy and Tony got back in the car and drove away. My stomach sank as the car disappeared behind the hill. I spun around and noticed some people were still looking at me. Stepping forward into the fenced yard, I tried to pick someone to talk to. Someone that looked nice, but not too nice. Someone that looked my age, not too little, and definitely not too big.

The bell rang and everyone started piling into the school, so I followed behind them. The inside of the school was spotless, the floors looked so clean you could eat off them, and the air smelled like flowers. Not what I was expecting. The floors were carpeted and the walls looked like they were freshly painted every day, which I knew probably wasn't true, but it did look like that.

"Hello," a voice caught my attention. "Are you new? I haven't seen you here before." A dark skinned woman smiled down at me.

"Um, yeah. I am." I said. I didn't realize I was standing in the middle of the hall until now, with everyone passing me.

"What's your name?" She asked kindly.

"Victoria. Victoria Stark."

Her expression changed. "You're Tony Stark's daughter?"

Oh no. "Yeah, that's me."

"Right this way, I'll show you to your classroom."

She began walking, which caught me off guard, and I stumbled after her, not wanting to be left behind. She led me down the hall, and stopped at a red door. She knocked, and then opened it.

"Good morning, Miss Roberts." The lady spoke.

The lady stood up from her desk and walked over to us as we entered the room, smiling sweetly.

"Good morning, Miss Watson, this must be Victoria." Miss Roberts said. We were now standing in front of the class, and I peaked out at everyone. They were all watching us. I looked away.

After Miss Watson left, Miss Roberts stood with me in front of the class and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Class, this is Victoria Stark, she's new today, and I want you all to make her feel welcomed." Miss Roberts spoke to the kids. "Victoria, would you like to tell the class a little about yourself?"

I gulped. "Um— o-okay. Hi, I'm Victoria. I'm eleven years old. I like reading and uh, I like math."

Some of the kids smirked.

"Isn't your Dad Iron Man?" A guy yelled out with his hand raised.

If you're just going to yell out then why raise your hand? "Um... yeah..."

Some kids started whispering and some looked really excited. Oh boy.

The teacher sat me at a desk in the middle of the room. She gave me my notebooks and textbooks and I pushed them neatly inside my desk.

"Okay everyone, let's start by taking out our math notebooks." Miss Roberts said.

Everyone began fumbling around in their desks, and I copied, pulling out my math notebook which had a big '6' surrounded by division, multiplication and addition signs on the front cover.

"So let's start on page twelve, we'll be doing multiplications with high numbers. Victoria, if you don't know how to do this right now that's totally fine, because you're brand new." Miss Roberts said while pacing around the front of the class. I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Okay, can anyone tell me what twenty-five times three is?"

I knew the answer, but I didn't raise my hand. I looked around and saw some kids thinking, then, some raised their hands.

"Yes, Brady?"

"Seventy-five."

"That's right! Okay, what about... fifty times four?" Miss Roberts said. "Cassandra?"

"Two-hundred, that's easy."

"Alright, let's try something harder. How about... sixty-seven times three-hundred and four?" Miss Roberts said, clearly unimpressed with the girl's attitude.

The Cassandra girl slumped back in her seat. Nobody answered, so I decided to raise my hand. Miss Roberts looked surprised.

"Victoria?"

"Twenty-thousand three-hundred and sixty-eight."

Miss Roberts stared blankly at me, and so did the kids around me.

"Victoria, you can multiply really big numbers?"

I nodded hesitantly, still uncomfortable from being stared at by so many people. We were assigned pages twelve and thirteen to complete, which didn't take me long at all. While we were working, Miss Roberts left the class for a couple minutes. When she came back, she had some more textbooks and notebooks in her arms.

"Victoria, would you come up here for a moment please?" She caught my attention. I stood up and approached her desk.

"You are very good at math," she spoke in a quiet tone. I smiled. "I was wondering if, maybe, you'd like to try something a little more advanced than what's in that notebook?"

I didn't have to think about that twice. I agreed and happily took the books from her. When I got back to my desk, I could sense the other kids looking in my direction, but this time I just ignored them. I looked through the books.

'Mathematics 7'
'Mathematics 8'
'Mathematics 9'

"Oh, and Victoria?" Miss Roberts said. "Would you mind staying a couple minutes after school?"