Chapter 4

Remus' head was spinning when he walked into the castle. All he could remember was Sirius' crying and hyperventilating, then Madam Pomfrey taking him out of his arms, Sirius almost completely limp. Next thing he knew was he was slumped down in the corridor on the floor, covered in blood and tear struck.

Whether Sirius was alive or not he didn't know. There was so much blood, what even was that spell? Dark magic? Snape had always seemed evil. Moreover, how long had he been sitting there crying, sleeping? It was already dusk. Where was James?

His head was going 100 miles an hour it seemed. Suddenly he saw James burst down the corridor.

"Remus!" James exclaimed, "Is Sirius alright?"

His eyes sunken and blood-shot Remus looked up, "Wait you haven't been in?"

"No, I was in Dumbledore's office for awhile. Then McGonagall's." he replied, "I just barely escaped."

"Oh," Remus said, disappointed "I don't know- Wh- How long I've been here."

James tried to open the doors to Madam Pomfrey, but they were locked.

"How curious," James said. "The doors, they're locked."

Remus looked up and burst out in laughter. Tears started streaming down his face as he laughed loudly. He was hysterical.

"Are you mad?" James said "Why are you laughing?!"

Remus kept giggling, "I-" he choked, still laughing.

James slumped down next to him, utterly baffled and said nothing until Remus stopped. It seemed like eternity. Finally Remus' hysteria stopped and he wiped his eyes.

He drew in a long breath and started, "I was such an arse. And now he's probably dead."

"He's not, he's not dead," James replied.

"I just." Remus said, "Why didn't I tell him."

James was utterly baffled, "Wait, tell him what?"

Remus just sighed and turned his head and sniffled.

"Tell him," James started to say, but then realized that's why Remus had been acting weird. I mean, there had always been tension, but it completely blew up after Melanie and Sirius started dating.

James gasped, and looked at Remus, "You love him don't you?"

Remus turned his head and gave a pathetic laugh, "Is it really that obvious?"

James smiled and looked down, "That's why you've been acting weird and distant."

"I just," Remus shook his head.

"You need to tell him," James said, cutting him off.

"He is probably dead," Remus replied. "And moreover, he's with...Melanie."

"Don't be such a pessimist," James said smiling, knowing Sirius was completely infatuated with Remus. He just never had thought Remus had felt the same way.

"But even if he is alright, I don't wanna ruin our friendship," Remus replied, before sighing.

"Just," James started, "Do it."

Before Remus could say anything else, the doors opened and Madam Pomfrey stepped out.

"Oh good, you boys are already here." she said.

James jumped to his feet, "Is Sirius alright."

"He will be fine, just a few scars." Madam Pomfrey said. "He's still sleeping though. Losing a lot of blood, plus pain medication. It could be a couple days."

"Can we see him though?" James asked.

Madam Pomfrey sighed, "I suppose a few minutes wouldn't hurt."

James turned around to look for Remus, but he was gone. He sighed but; nonetheless, went inside and sat by Sirius.