Chapter 29

Hello!!!!! Here's another super long chapter you guys. Can't thank you lovely people enough for all the support and love. Enjoy this next chapter and have a wonderful day ahead. God bless you!!!! Don't forget to comment your thoughts!!

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

############################

Third Person's POV

Once dinner was over the Royals and the Lady Esther dispersed. All the servants involved came together to clean up the dining hall and the kitchen. Eve had never been happier. She was finally working with her other people. Finally listening to different voices as they spoke to one another. Arguing, sharing secret jokes and simply enjoying each other's company.

After dinner Eve had met up with Alex almost immediately. They embraced each other for a long time. Alex did all of the apologizing. Just as he should and he promised to never hurt his precious Eve again.

They then continued their work. Just as her body was getting used to doing chores after a long time,  Eve was confronted by the head butler.

He took her aside, away from India, Tonya and Beth.

"Eve, you are to return to Prince Phoenix's chambers immediately," he said stiffly.

Her coloured cheeks lost it's pink shade. Once again, she became pale. Even the brightness in her eyes dimmed. They looked hollow to Percival.

It pained him to watch her once happy and joyful face become so dull in just a few seconds. He hated that he was the one to bring such disturbing news to her at that moment. She was finally smiling that night.

Now all of that was stripped away from the small servant girl.

She however made no excuse to prolong her time in the kitchen. After listening to the head butler, Eve gave her girls each a tight hug and followed him out.

Eve's POV

I was greatly disheartened with the news that Mr.Percival brought but deep down I knew this was how it would turn out. He only allowed me to go out for the dinner. To serve him. That was it.

I received more than I had hoped for that night so I was grateful. I knew I shouldn't feel anything less than being grateful. Mr.Percival saw that I walked through the doors to his chambers. Once I was in, he closed the doors and that was it for his part.

I stood in the middle of the room. He was out in the balcony that overlooked the kingdom. There was a slight breeze that cooled the room. It also made my cloak to sway a little.

He didn't say anything for a while. Afterwards, he walked back in and closed the windows to the balcony along with the curtains. He then stood there and faced me. Like he always did before he would speak.

I gave a light bow and kept my head down. Something didn't seem right with him. I could feel it.

He then began to take slow steps towards me. My first instinct was to step back but I controlled myself from doing so. I learnt the hard way that the action brought no good.

Once he was only an inch away, he placed one hand at the back of my neck and brought his face close to mine, pressing our foreheads together.

"Who was that little human that made your eyes to sparkle during dinner?" I scrunched up my nose, feeling baffled.

"I...I beg your pardon, Y..Your Highness?" I whispered out. Who was he talking about? Everyone made me happy but eyes sparkling?