Mark Fischbach - Prompt 19

my thanks to CaptainC_Cookies for requesting practically every prompt from the list?? this is the first of many. i'm actually really excited to write so much, thanks :)

i kinda just picked a random person due to time constraints, now is my only free writing period for the next few hours.

i should be studying for finals tbh.

prompt 19- "People are staring."

anyways, enjoy!

You look away from the mirror where you had been trying to convince yourself that your chest was flat enough as Mark's head popped around the door. He had a wide grin on his face, and his hair flopped down over his forehead. His mood was infectious, and despite your unhappy demeanor, you find yourself smiling back.

"What's up, Mark?" You're happy every time you talk- you started T two months ago and your voice is noticeably lower than it used to be.

"We should go out," he states, already grabbing your jacket from the closet and pulling you out the door.

"Right now?"

"Yes, right now. We're always busy, let's go do things."

You shrug, "Sure." A little confused at the unexpected suggestion, you take your coat from him and pull it on. You turn to follow Mark, but he's already gone.

"Mark?"

~

It's cold outside, and snow is falling, but glimpses of sun stream through bare tree branches, lighting the sidewalk with cheerful bursts of colour. Your breath clouds lightly in the air. Your hand is in Mark's, and he looks over at you occasionally.

"Where are we going?" You had been walking for about fifteen minutes, the walk interspersed with small discussions.

"You'll find out..." is the only answer you receive, and you groan.

"You'll see!" Mark protests. "It'll be worth it, I promise. I hope." He pauses. "No, wait, I promise."

"You don't sound so sure there, Mark. C'mon, please?" you ask again. He shakes his head. You roll your eyes.

"Cool it, mister, you'll find out soon," he says lightly, smiling pleasantly at you. "Besides, how could you stay upset at my beautiful face?"

~

Another half hour later, and Mark still has not said where his supposed final destination is, and you're beginning to think he dragged you out here for nothing. At least he bought you a cup of coffee.

"I'm tired, and I'm cold, and I want to go home. You know I love you, but this is getting ridiculous. We've been walking for almost an hour," you exclaim, stopping dead in the middle of the path. The route you've taken has led you to a park, which you have to admit is quite pretty with the sunset behind it.

"I'm really sorry, but just five more minutes," Mark begs, leading you towards the gazebo near the edge of a pond. You huff and follow after, immediately sitting on the bench nearest you.

"This had better be good, Fischbach," you say lowly. Mark murmurs something under his breath, but you manage to catch it-

"I sure hope so."

It's a tensely quiet three minutes. You look out on the water of the pond as the sun sets behind the trees. Snow drifts gently down, swirling in soft circles. As soon as the light of the sun is gone, it's replaced. Fairy lights lining the room of the gazebo blink on one by one, and you look up, your mood lifted a little. Mark stands up and offers his hand to you.

"Fucking finally," he says, adding to your confusion. "(Y/N) (Y/L)."

"Yes?" He swallows and blinks hard, looking away for a fraction of a second, as if steeling himself.

"I've kinda been an asshole today. I'm sorry," he starts. You tilt your head, concern creeping over your face.

"Mark, what's going on? Are you okay?" He nods hurriedly, taking both of your hands in his.

"I love you. I don't even remember what kind of person I was before I met you. You are without a doubt the greatest man I've ever met, and I'm so glad I woke up early to walk Chica the day that I met you." Mark takes a deep breath as tears spring to your eyes.

"I would never want any other man, woman, or person to be standing with me where you are right now." Mark sinks to one knee, and you cover your mouth with your hands.

"I love you so, so much, (Y/N). I'm so happy to have been with you for so long through everything that you've been through, and you have no idea how relieved I am that you've stayed with me. Will you marry me?"

"Oh my God, Mark... yes! Yes, of course!" You exclaim. Mark's grin is wide, and his eyes shine. He springs up and envelopes you in a hug.

"Thank you so much," he whispers. "Holy shit, I love you so much." He pulls back and connects his lips to yours, and you don't think you've ever been kissed so warmly. Your brain registers that someone cheers and starts clapping somewhere in the background, and you pull away from the kiss.

"Mark, people are staring," you whisper back. He kisses you again.

"I couldn't care less. We're getting married," he states, then laughs. "We're getting married!"