chapter 11

River's POV

After Hailey asked me if I was mad at her I realized that I shouldn't be treating her like this.

Since she noticed that I wasn't all that happy, she's been trying to cheer me up. She has been cracking jokes that aren't funny at all and trying to make me play stupid games with her. Although I don't show it, it really is cheering me up. But it's also annoying the hell out of me.

I don't know why I got so pissed off when I found out that she's going to the party with Lucas. I wanted to punch Lucas square in the jaw when I found out. Her going to the party with him is the main reason I'm ticked off right now and taking it out on her.

She is a good and thoughtful person and she doesn't deserve all the shit and confusion I'm giving her.

I honestly don't know why I care what she's feeling or how I'm treating her. I usually couldn't give less of a shit about what a girl is feeling. I just hook up with them and dump them. But Hailey is different. I don't know why, but she is. I never want to hurt her feelings or see her sad. It's not because I have feelings for her or anything. I've never been in a real relationship and I don't plan on it. Hailey is just different from other girls and I think she sees the real me more than anyone ever has. She asks me questions other people are too afraid to ask, she doesn't take any of my shit, and I wonder why.

Damn I sound like a girl right now.

"River?.... River?!" Hailey is shouting.

"Yea?" I chuckled at her persistence.

"What are you thinking about? You look confused." She asked me tilting her head and scrunching her nose.

God I love when she looks at me like that.

"You." I calmly reply.

That response got her blushing and giggling.

I knew I made her nervous, but I don't know if it's in a good way.

"Oh shut up! No you weren't." She nudged my shoulder.

"What were you really thinking about?" She questioned me, not believing the truth.

"Well I've already told you the truth once, do you want me to lie to now?" I asked her playfully.

She just scoffed and rolled her eyes before saying, "So, wanna play guess the animal?"

"Not rea-" I was saying before she exclaimed

"Oooo I thought of one! Go, try and guess!"

She's seems so excited to play so I decided to go along and just play this stupid game.

Hailey's POV

Once detention was finally over, River and I got in his car and headed towards my house.

Im surprised I actually got him to talk to me and even laugh in detention.

When he pulled up outside, I turned towards him to thank him, but instead I found him turning off his car and getting out.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him.

He never gets out of the car, he drops me off and goes.

"What? Did you think you'd be getting these rides for free?" He replied with a smirk.

Oh crap! He thinks I have money. I don't have any money that I don't put towards my college fund and I really can't afford to pay him.

"Umm... I don't have any money." I said embarrassed.