v. THE CONFESSION

AS ICARUS got ready for Will's funeral, his mom walks by, but then stops to watch him from the door. He is putting on his tie, then looks over at her. "What?" He says before turning around and she just smiles. "Nothing. You just look handsome, honey." She says and he smiled at her.

At the funeral, Icarus kept glancing over at Jonathan who was sitting with his parents. "Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. It's times like these that our faith is challenged." Pastor Charles said as Icarus looked down at the ground.

"How, if He is truly benevolent.. could God take from us someone so young, so innocent? It would be easy to turn away from God.. but we must remember that nothing, not even tragedy, can separate us from His love. We are here today to find comfort in the truth of scripture, and to surround Will and his family.." Icarus watched as everyone is throwing flowers into the grave, on top of the coffin before he looks at his parents standing beside him with Riley and Megan in front of them.

"Can I go talk to my friends now?" He asked his mom in a hushed whisper. "You have friends?" Riley retorts and he rolls his eyes. "Mom.." He says, looking at her and she sighs. "Go ahead, honey." She says and he nods before walking away. He walks over to Nancy and Jonathan. They sit by some grave, so Icarus sat right beside Jonathan, so he was between him and Nancy as everyone else is leaving to go to the church for the service.

"This is where we know for sure it's been, right?" Jonathan said as he points to the map. "So, that's.." Nancy spoke as she pointed at the paper. "Steve's house.." Icarus said as he nods. "And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and that's my house." Jonathan said as he pointed to the other two red X shapes on the paper map.

"It's all so close." Nancy says and Jonathan looks at her then back at the map. "Yeah. Exactly." He says and Icarus looks at them both. "I mean, it's all within a mile, or something.. Whatever this thing is, it's.. it's not traveling far." Jonathan says as he looks at Nancy who looked back at him.

"You want to go out there." She says and Icarus sighed loudly. "We might not find anything." Jonathan said as he looks at Icarus now. "Nance found something." Icarus said and Jonathan looks at Nancy again. "And if we do see it.. then what?" Nancy said, looking at Jonathan who looks away. Nancy sighs as Jonathan looks back at her. He looks at Icarus who raised his eyebrows, wondering the same thing that Nancy had asked about then looked back at Nancy again who was staring at him.

"We kill it." He says and then he got up. The other two quickly follow as he made his way over to one of the cars. They watch as Jonathan got into the car and held up the knife, trying to open the glove department. "What are tou doing?" Nancy asked and he looks up. "Just give me a second." He replied then continued to try and open it. When he got it to open, Icarus stood by the door, leaning down and his eyes widen when he saw Jonathan take out a gun. "What the fuck, man?" He said as Jonathan checked if it was loaded.

"Are you serious?" Nancy asked as the brunette quickly grabbed the bullets and he looks at her. "What? You want to find this thing and take another photo? Yell at it?" He said before getting out, brushing past Icarus as he did. He shuts the car door and Icarus sighed. He had a point, they needed protection but stealing a gun?

"This is a terrible idea." Nancy says and Icarus nods. "I agree with Wheeler." He says as he stands by them. "Yeah, well, it's the best we've got." Jonathan says before putting the box of bullets into his pocket on the inside of his suit jacket. Nancy rolled his eyes at this, looking at Icarus who sighed. "What? You can tell someone, but they're not gonna believe you. You know that." Jonathan said and Icarus nods. "I agree with Byers too." He says.