Chapter 19

SHILOH POV:

The reason I am here seated in my car a few meters away from the venue of the engagement party with longing and sadness in my eyes is a mystery to my logical mind but not to my heart.

Perhaps my heart needs the proof that this really is happening, but I can't bring myself to go in there, but it's for the best, I don't need to keep a false smile and pretend my heart is not in pain.

If anyone told me years ago I would be in a car watching from afar, Chance engagement party I would laugh at the person's face and say he/she is demented but now the joke is on me.

During high school, I was not a nerd but made sure to have good grades for my parent's sake, I was just a girl with no friends who always keeps to herself.

My parents got a house not too far from the school leaving me under the care of Kate and some other house help visiting twice a month but sending money constantly but still yet I understood they love me and want the best for me.

I met Emma during my junior year in high school a lovely girl with a bright smile anyone, would love to have her as a friend, we get along perfectly because I could tell her everything including my crush on the most popular, and handsome Chance, Chance Cristain.

He was a year ahead of me and Emma always seen with his group of friends which includes Louis and Damien.

I kept my distance from him until we met at a school party Emma actually forced me into going.

We became friends but it was a problem to his reputation in school since I was a poor girl, and the only way I was even in that school was because of a scholarship given to me by the Dante family which technically is a fable to hide my identity.

Basically, I was a benevolence case to Chance who is a billionaire's only son, but it never stopped Chance from being my friend or from getting into a romantic relationship with me.

I moved out of that house after high school into my present home where I build a closer relationship with my family.

Looking back then we had a great love story in the making but after all a first love is not always meant to last.

But I am sincerely happy he found someone he could truly love, someone who fits perfectly with him and his social prominence.

Sam is a perfect match, she is beautiful, intelligent and most of all his Dad is very optimistic about this union.

Looking one last time I drove off towards the house.

As expected the house was dark and no noise could be heard since everyone is at the party.

I switch on the light before laying down flat on the settee which is big enough to contain my height.

I made goals I wish to follow, one. Since it is difficult to stop my heart from loving just the way he advises I will try burying my feelings being the best option that will save my heart.

Two, focus more on myself and the baby, and the only way I can do that is by avoiding everyone except Emma which includes me leaving early in the morning coming back late.

Since this semester is over I will have enough time to work and save up for my child and my future.

Don't want my child to ever lack a good life because I would love him/her so much it will be, I and my child, against the world.

I even went as far as to open a new account to keep my savings, Emma is the only one who knows about this plan and has been supportive.

She feels I am being more close off but this is just the way I know to take care of my heart.