■ PROLOGUE ■

A thousand years ago, a man was watching his wife and child play in a field of daisies.
A small smile teased his lips as he swung the axe harder, breaking the wood in front of him.

Hearing a soft melodic voice, he looked up to see his beautiful wife singing to their small daughter. This man was incredibly happy. His arms marked the days when he fought in battles, the muscle showed how long he'd fought to keep his family safe.

The other villagers didn't seem to like the strange family that had traveled across a vast sea. But this man was determined to make this place their home, to grow old with his wife and watch his daughter become a woman.

That night as his wife slaved over the fire, the man wandered into the woods. He'd been fascinated with the ancient trees since a child, always wondering how much knowledge they held.

Without realising, the man suddenly realised he had wandered too far and couldn't see his way back home but still he stumbled blindly into the night filled forest. Seeing a flickering light, the man walked closer.

A young woman sat around the fire, hugging ragged and dirty clothes to her petite body. She looked up as the man accidentally stood on a twig, snapping it.

"Forgive me for intruding, I seemed to have lost my way, may I share you fire?" The man asked gently.

The woman nodded, regarding the man with curious eyes. Curiosity in a woman was never a good thing. "Tell me, why are you alone in the woods?" The woman asked, without any fear.

The man who had sat on the otherside of the fire, glanced up, still rubbing his palms together. "I wasn't alone, my wife and child were there but I wandered apart from them" the man replied.

The woman stood up, taller than the man had thought. "You have borrowed my fire, I request something in return" the woman said, her young face bright in the firelight.

"I have nothing to give you, no jewels or coins" the man replied.

"I seek no jewels or coins, only a partner" she said, moving closer to him.

Her dirty skirt scattered the leaves as it brushed the forest floor. "I am faithful to only my wife" he replied.

The woman smiled, a scary smile. The way a cat would smile at a mouse it had just caught, if it could. "What I offer you is more enticing than marriage, it is eternal life" the woman said.

Suddenly, the man could see the wicked long teeth that extended from the woman. Hair raised upright, the man shot up and attempted to flee. The woman was faster. With superhuman reflexes, she threw the man to the ground and quickly straddled him.

"We're going to be forever" she laughed out before plunging forward and sinking her teeth into the man's neck.

With a shout, the man attempted to push the woman off but she was too strong. Eventually, his strength that had gotten him through many harsh winters and wars began to wane. Pulling away, the woman raised her arm and bit into her own skin.

Slowly, she hovered her open wound over his mouth. "Drink" she whispered.

With the last of his strength, he shook his head. Rage filled the womans eyes. "Drink!" She screamed.

Blood fell freely from the wound, splattering the man cheeks, lips and tongue. At first taste, the man's eyes widened before launching forward and burying his mouth to the woman's open wound.

The woman cackled with laughter as the young man drank her blood, unkowningly starting something that would last lifetimes.

The Vampire King was reborn.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

This book contains mature things and has been marked Mature for the Wattpad Guidelines.

Sadly, this book does not go easy on our heroine at first and she endures torture at it's worst.

WARNING:
Contains:

Violence,
Blood,
Murder.

Read at your own risk.
(I will try to make it as innocent as I can without erasing her story)