Chapter 4

Kara - "Are you busy?"

Lena - "I'm always busy."

Kara - "Good point. I'll be at your office soon with lunch ❤️"

Lena - "I'm so lucky to have a bestfriend like you."

Kara - "Don't worry, I know. (:"

Lena couldn't help but smile at her phone due to the texts from her favourite blonde. Gosh she was so lucky to have her but it truly hurt when she had to say they were only friends.

However, she knew Kara's 'soon' would only be around 20 minutes so she needed to do some work as she also knew Kara wouldn't leave for at least an hour. So Lena sat there and typed away on her laptop - trying to get as much work done as she could.

Lena was so focused that time must have flew by because the next thing she knew Kara was stood right in front of her - she mustn't have even heard her knocking.

"Oh - Kara! You scared me. How long have you been stood there?"

"Only a few moments. I enjoy watching you work though because you always seem so focused." Lara said as she couldn't hide her smile.

"But you might want to take a break because I got us some big belly burger!" Kara almost shouted, clearly excited.

Lena just laughed at Kara's child-like behaviour "thank you Kara. Honestly do not know what I would to without you."

"Honestly I'm not sure either - you'd never eat! I'm not really sure how you can work and not think about food." Kara said with a smile. That then made Lena smile.

Why is her smile so contagious?

Kara took the food out of the take away bag and set it down on the table in Lena's office - right next to the perfectly white sofa. Kara then walked over to Lena's chair, grabbed both of her hands and took her to the sofa.

"And now we eat!" Kara stated with a smile. She always felt obliged to get Lena to eat something while she worked because she would always be too focused and would often forget.

Lena sat down and began to open up her food "honestly Kara, I couldn't thank you enough. I'm not sure how I could ever repay you."

"I suppose I am pretty great." Kara's smile had not yet disappeared once - she was always so happy when with Lena that it was a miracle her face didn't hurt.

"Yeah you are. Hey, Kara. I hate to ask for another favour but I have a Gala coming up soon and I really don't want to go alone. Would you like to come with me? It would be a lot more entertaining with my bestfriend there with me." In all honesty, Lena just wanted to see Kara all dressed up.

"Of course I'll go Lena. I'd always go with you. You know that." Kara's tone seemed a bit more serious now but you could still tell she was happy to just be in her friends presence.

Lena sighed some relief "I'm so glad. Also I wanted to apologise ab-"

Kara cut her off "Lena you don't need to apologise for anything."

Lena "No Kara, I think I do. I've just been so used to accepting that when people lie to me it's to hide ugly truths or they simply just didn't trust me. And then when I found out you were Supergirl it killed me to even think that you didn't trust me. No one had ever put my safety first, and I wasn't used to it. And I'm sorry for reacting the way that I did and not giving you a single opportunity to explain. That was wrong on my part and I'm sorry. Then when I saw you having a panic attack in my elevator I realised that you were hurting just as much as I was. It also made me realise how much it hurt me to see you like that and I could never not be there for you. I'm also really glad you forgave me because I'm not sure what I would've done if you hadn't. I'm so lucky to have you in my life Kara Danvers." Lena's eyes were tearing up and Kara noticed. She pulled Lena into a hug and they just sat like that for a few moments.