7

Quinn's POV

I woke up the next morning remembering the events from the night before. Things were just weird and uncomfortable after I got back from the kitchen. Sam, Harry, and I barely talked. Nothing felt right. I don't want to think the worst, but if I don't get answers soon, I know I'm going to spiral. So I decided to call Sam, praying that he'll pick up.

"Good morning, sunshine." he chuckled.

"What did you two talk about last night?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Things felt weird when I got back from the kitchen. Like not even a comforting weird. Notice how no one said a word and we were all just quiet. We're never quiet when we're together."

"I was really hoping you wouldn't bring that up, at least not this early." he grunted.

"Sam, what aren't you telling me?"

"Well, after you left Harry and I alone, I might've told Harry that he's clueless and he isn't picking up what you're throwing down."

My eyes widened, "you did not."

"Okay, not those exact words but we had a talk about you."

"Sam." I said sternly.

"I'm not the enemy here. I'm just trying to make my ship happen."

"He just got out of a relationship. I can't make a move now. That's just inconsiderate."

"He also isn't seeing the bigger picture."

"Sam, listen to me. I love you, you know that, but you can't go digging this hole."

"Then when are you going to tell him?"

"When the timing is right."

"And when will that be? When we're six feet underground?"

"I hate you."

"Do it soon. I gotta go but I'll talk to you later."

"Sam, no we're not done."

He hung up.

Harry's POV

I couldn't sleep last night because Sam's words kept repeating in my head. What did he mean when he said, "it's always been you"? Does he mean Quinn has feelings for me? It can't be. I mean she would've told me by now right?

I walked over to Sam's room to get some answers, because if anyone else is going to have answers, it's him.

"I've been expecting you." he joked, "have a seat."

I rolled my eyes.

"I assume you have questions about what I was saying last night."

"Tons."

"Well, get to it." he motioned.

"What did you mean it's always been me?"

"Harry, we've known Quinn for a decent amount of time now. We all go way back. But never once has she treated me, Tom, Haz, nor Paddy the way she treats you. She's nurturing towards all of us yes, but she's more gentler with you. As if you're a precious piece of China that needs to be set down carefully or you'll break. Do you get what I mean?"

I gave him a confused look.

"That's still a no. Okay. She's more protective and affectionate toward you than she is with any of her other friends. She takes time out of her day to check in with you, no matter the hour of day. You could be having a crisis at 2am and she'd pick up because it's you. She would do anything for you. Is anything clicking now?"

"So you're saying that she has feelings for me?"

"Bingo."

"Why wouldn't she tell me then?"

"Bro, you just got out of a relationship. And because you just got out of a relationship and she doesn't want to drop the bomb on you."

"You're joking."

"You can go ask her yourself."

Considering her house was walking distance from ours, I walked. It gave me more time to think about what Sam said. How could I have been so oblivious to all of this?

Right when I got to her house, she was walking out.

"Quinn." I called.

"Harry. Is everything okay?"

She looked beautiful, I mean she always looks beautiful but there was just something about today that made her look more stunning than ever. Maybe it's the lighting. Right when I saw her, everything seemed to disappear. I forgot what I was here for.

"You going somewhere right now?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was gonna meet someone for brunch." she smiled.

"On a date...?"

"No. One of my friends from the states is visiting and wanted to see me..." she gave me a confused look, "are you okay? Because I can–"

"No, I thought I left my jacket here yesterday. But Sam said it was at home."

She squinted her eyes, "are you sure everything's alright?"

"Everything's great. Why do you ask?"

"Because you said that Sam said your jacket was at home yet you didn't even check your phone..."

"Everything is fine. You go scurry along to see your friend and call me when you get home and tell me all about it."

"Okay... I guess..." she was still very confused, "I'll see you later then."

Do I have feelings for her? Would I be moving on too fast? I mean I just got out of a relationship. God, Harry you're overthinking this.