5

Myah James
8:39 am

"Black people can't never be on time for shit!" Avery yelled from the bottom of my steps.

We was going to Kells doctors appointment to actually make sure she was pregnant. she didn't trust the Pregnancy One sticks.

Quanny and Momma still aren't back in town yet and no, they don't know about Kells being pregnant. She is scared to tell them because she doesn't want to disappoint them.

"Get ya baby daddy before I smack him." I said irritated.

"Maybe baby daddy." She corrected me.

We walked downstairs getting ready to leave. Part of me didn't want to go because I didn't wanna 3rd wheel but Kells asked me if i could come when I was half sleep so she basically trapped me.

"Finally damn, get in the damn car."

"Bitch it's too early to be complaining so pipe all that shit down."

I was now even more irritated then I was before. Avery was mumbling something under his breath and at this point i just don't care he got one more time to yell at me.

The car ride to the doctors was silent. No music, no talking just silence. I felt out of place. Like I wasn't spouse to be in the car, this wasn't any of my business. I'm truly happy for my bestie and my future god baby but I feel like she's dragging me into her "relationship" because she's scared to actually be in a real one.

We arrived at the hospital 20 minutes late but they took us straight to the back anyways. The doctor was Mr.Reed. He was a nice old man with grey curly hair.

"Alright now Kells I'm going to put gel on your stomach it might be a little cold." The doctor said.

Kells

I squealed at how cold the gel was. It felt like an ice cube was being rubbed on my stomach.

We was all staring at the screen waiting for something to show. Im excited for the baby but not with the person I created it with.

Avery and I have been on and off for years. This relationship is extremely unstable and I don't want to have my child going back and forth between our homes just because we can't get our shit together.

"You see that glitch there? That is the heart beat."

I looked over at Avery and he had a smile as big as the sun. I wanted to cry tears of joy but I fought them back.

"Can we find out the gender?" Avery asked.

"She is only four weeks along so no I'm afraid not. Come back at least 9 weeks from now and I'll be happy to tell you."

The doctor left the room to get me my prenatal pills. I heard crying come from the corner. I looked over and seen Myah crying.

"Myah what's wrong?"

"I'm gonna have a god baby! I can't wait. I just so happy." She whimpered.

I laughed at her little break down she was having in the corner.

Avery

Oh shit a nigga really ready to have a princess or a athlete. I'm really about to have a child. Sperm dead ass left my balls to become a whole person.

I pray to God it's a boy. If it's a girl I gotta buy some more guns especially if she's looks anything like her momma.

I got to get my shit together.

●●●●●●●

Myah

Its now 10 am and were just pulled up back to the house. Avery been scareming the whole way home "My sperm will be born soon." It's was funny now he's just getting on everybodies nerves.

Darrion called me not to long ago but I didn't answer cause I was in the car and Avery was screaming and Kells was Yelling at Avery to stop screaming.

I attempted to unlock the door but noticed it was already unlocked. I could see threw the glass that somebody had knocked over the mail that was on the side table.

I gave Kells a certain look and She told Avery he could leave.

I slowly walked threw the door and grabbed the 45 Quanny kept under the false plant pot. Kells grabbed a 30 from the couch cushion.

We creeped up the steps. Quanny made sure we was ready for this type of situation so he could do as he pleased without having to protect us all the time.

I heard talking coming from my room.

"Put that shit down goofy."

Kells and I was highly alert. You would think we've been in the army all our lives.

Kells tried to get in front of me but I pushed her back because we had to think about the baby.

"Nigga I'm grown I do what want."

We stood by the door until we heard silence then we busted threw the door.

"WHAT THE HELL YALL DOING HERE!" Kells screamed.

We lowered our guns. It's was an unfazed Darrion and Cortezz.

"She ain't answer her phone." Cortezz spoke.

"So you break into my house?"

"Your coming for the wrong one I was an uninformed accomplice. You need to be looking at that nigga over there."

I looked to a stretched out Darrion laying on my bed. His face said it all. He looked pissed. Anger was written all over his face.

"Tezzy can you take me to get some food? " Kells asked

"Yea come on fat ass."

They walked out the room leaving us alone. I ignored the look on his face and got on my phone and sat on the couch.

" I see your phone ain't broke." He spoke.

"Why would you think it's broke?"

"Because you ain't answer my phone call ealier."

"I was in the car with Kells and Avery. They was yelling and I didn't want to be on the phone with them being loud my bad."

"My bad?"

"Nigga I ain't got no fucking echo you heard me." I got an attitude.

His  leg was shaking. You could see the veins in his neck popping out from being so mad.

"Ight bet."

Then he left.

______________________________________

Heyyy💛

Sorry Ik this is short and kinda boring😕

Feedback? Questions?

_____________________________________