33

A BLOOD CURLING scream echoes through the small room as Daryl pulls the monster away from crying Aria

A BLOOD CURLING scream echoes through the small room as Daryl pulls the monster away from crying Aria. Shoving his knife into the brain of it, he turns his attention down to Aria, his knees touching the ground beneath him. Blood pours out of the bite in her neck and tears stream down her face as a sob rakes through her body. She's a goner and they both know it. Neither one of them told the other about their feelings and now it's too late.

Shaking his head, Daryl blinks back the tears in his eyes. He ain't never cried but he's also never cared for someone like he cares for Aria. A small and soft hand grabs his, squeezing his lightly. "I love you. I should've told you before." She chokes out, pain filling her voice.

Daryl's eyes snap open and he looks over towards Aria, her face pale and her breathing slow. His eyes trail over to her neck and he lets out a small sigh of relief once he realizes the dream wasn't true. Leaning back against the wall, Daryl lowers his eyes down to his hand as they fiddle with each other. He's not sure what time it is, all he knows is that everybody has went to bed, he's alone in silence, just like he likes it.

He hasn't left her side since they had gotten back and he's not planning on leaving until she wakes up. His eyes run over her face and he studies it. He wishes her eyes would open up and glisten, lighting up the blue specks in her eyes. He wants her to look over at him and send him the smile that makes his heart stop.

Carol has told him he likes her but he was in denial, he can't like someone in this fucked up world. It's wrong. Plus, what does Carol know anyway? Nothing.

♚ ♛

Aria's eyes open slowly, her eyes greeted with darkness. A small groan escapes her dry and chapped lips a pain soars through her face, tears brimming in her eyes. The pain is something she's never felt before and it hurts like hell. Bringing her small hands up towards her face, her fingers run softly across stitches, confusion pulsing through her. "Aria." Turning her head, Aria squints in the darkness, making out a body. "Daryl?"

Leaning up slowly, she winces before turning and pressing her body against the cold wall, a chill running through her. Patting her bed, she fills the bed dip down beside her. "What happened?" She asks, her voice quiet. She's tired and feels like she's about to pass out but, she'll live. "Stupid prick hit you in the cheek with his machete when he was swinging it at Rick." Aria nods, her head leaning against the wall.

She could've died and Daryl wouldn't have known about how she felt about him, maybe Dale was right. "Hey Daryl?" Aria utters, her hands messing with the hem of her tank top. Daryl hums a small response, looking over at her. "I, uh.. like you." She whispers, her lip in between her teeth. Daryl shakes his head, pushing himself off the bed. "Wait " Aria says, leaning forward in an effort to grab his wrist. "This ain't ever gonna happen." Daryl snarls before marching out of the room, leaving Aria in tears as she feels her heart break slowly.

♚ ♛

*laughs evilly*
you thought boo.

skylar