rito village

——(your p.o.v)——

as soon as you saw the yiga disappear, you ran to link. as you neared, you saw link clutch his stomach and he fell to the ground, his tunic getting stained with his blood. you ran faster, desperately wanting to help your dear friend.

"link! let me help you!"

link groaned in pain, and looked up towards you. he gave you a weak smile and you went by his side, holding him.

you didn't care if your face was going red again from touching him, you didn't care right now. you needed to help link and you decided to take care of the blushing later. you held onto link's arm and placed one arm around his waist, trying to hoist him up.

everyone from the stable came rushing down from rito village, making their way towards you. you managed to get link to stand up and stumbled over to one of the stable beds. you heard people start to murmur behind you as you entered the building. you let link lie down on the bed slowly, and you examined his injuries and bruises. people were whispering things like 'he must be the hero' and 'did you see those skills? he's no ordinary hylian'. you stared at link. you'll ask him about it later.

"link...i'm amazed that you could even walk! look at you! that was one strange yiga member, huh?"

you tried to converse with him, even though you knew he needed to rest. but you wanted to know what happened. link sat up, scrunching up his face when his back came in contact with the back of the stable bed. he turned his tired gaze over to you, as you grabbed a small stool from a table and sat beside him. you were holding some bandages as well. 

"y-yeah...i've never seen him before. but whatever he is, he's dangerous."

-

"you put up a strong fight, link. i-i'm proud of you...he was bigger than you as well."

-

"y/n..."

-

"yes? i'm right here..."

-

"i want to ask you something."

-

"i-um sure."

-

"come travel with me."

link's words took you off guard and you widened your eyes. link wants you to travel with him? why?

"link-"

-

"please. the yiga said that he would go after you a-as well."

-

"link, i-"

-

"i don't want-no, i can't see you get hurt. you've done so much for me. let me repay you by protecting you until i've dealt with him."

-

"link, i was going to say yes anyway."

you saw link smile slightly and you cautiously, and carefully reached out for his hand. you saw link's cheeks go a little rosy when you connected hands. he tried to hold onto yours, but his hands were clammy and sore. you held his calloused hand with both of yours and held it tightly. never breaking eye contact.