10. Diamond

"Where are you going?" Jungkook's voice was hoarse, watching Jiah's back as she stomped into her bedroom

"I'm going to sleep, what else did you think?"

"We haven't had dinner," his voice got louder when she closed the door behind her, "I made kimchi the other day, we have to finish it before it gets bad."

"Hyung!" another voice groaned and Jungkook's head snapped to the direction, seeing a seventeen-year-old boy walking out of his bedroom, scratching the back of his head and looking at the older with one eye opened.

"Jiyoung! I'm so sorry, did we wake you?"

"Why are you guys always so late? I swear I haven't seen you two at all this week," he walked over to the bench and sat opposite Jungkook, taking pieces of his food as he ate.

"Sorry man, your sister and I have been so busy with work."

The younger rolled his eyes, "I know, I know, it's always the same thing," he sighed, "has she gone to sleep?"

Jungkook and Jiyoung both looked to her shut bedroom door before looking back at each other. Jungkook's lips quirked up in a gentle smile as he stared at Jiyoung's features. He wondered how he could look so much like his sister and yet have so many differences. Their hair. Same dark black, wavy yet silky, but hers would be slick back more often than not and his would be messily hanging all over his face. His lips, the same size and shape as his sister's, however, were always upturned in a smile and hers, never was. And lastly their chocolate brown eyes, his a warm, inviting, shade of caramel, while hers - although the same colour - were a cold, intimidating copper.

"Probably not," Jungkook replied, knowing her too well.

Jiyoung nodded, pulling his hoodie up and that's when Jungkook saw a faint dark patch on the back of his neck peeking from under his hoodie.

"Jiyoung, turn around?"

"Huh?"

"What's that on your neck?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing," he got up and shoved his hands into his pockets, "Okay gotta go, don't wanna sleep in and be late to school."

"Come back here," Jungkook's voice was firm and Jiyoung now didn't dare ignore him.

He slouched as he turned, "What?"

"You know what, show me your neck."

Jiyoung sighed, pulling his hoodie down to reveal a large purple splotch, smack in the middle. And further down just lining the top of his back Jungkook could make out a few fresh cuts that have formed some scars.

"What is this?" he asked, grabbing the back of his hoodie to turn him around, not to hard as to hurt him, however.

"Nothing," Jiyoung mumbled but Jungkook's gaze didn't falter.