19

2 days later.....

The day would've started perfectly, with the sunshine filtering through the curtains of my bedroom, the sound of birds chirping in the tree nearby, it would've been perfect, pancakes for breakfast, it could've and it should've been perfect, if only a pillow wasn't yeeted at my face at 7 a.m.

"What the actual hell, Miyeon!" I screamed at my roommate who held her hands to her ears to try and block out my obnoxious yelling. "At least you censored it." She laughed as she yeeted a toothbrush at me. "Your alarm has been going off for about half an hour now," she picked up the dingy little clock off of my nightstand and examined it, her eyes squinting every now and then. "I thought you trashed this a long time ago."

"I did, but then I realized that my phone's alarm system works like shit." Miyeon laughed at me as I scowled at the smartphone in my hand. "If you set the goddamn thing for 8 a.m., the dumb piece of shit rings at 8 p.m.."

I had just plugged the phone in to charge when the screen lit up, displaying a text.

Kookie-
Heyyy

Kookie-
Could ya come around....

Kookie-
Now?

Me-
Nah dude, u shoulda told me that tomorrow 😒

Me-
On my way

Kookie-
Sowwie and thanks 😁

I rolled my eyes at the last text and pulled myself off of the bed. I grabbed the toothbrush which Miyeon gave me with so much love and walked into the bathroom to shower and change.

I grabbed a granola bar on my way out and pulled on my black converse. "Bye Miyeon!" I yelled before shutting the door behind me.

I dragged my feet as I walked to Jungkook's house, stopping only once to pet a dog. I continued to drag my feet up to the front porch and and pushed the door open and walked inside.

Jeongmin was seated on the floor with a cup of milk in his small hands as his father was in the kitchen, he seemed to be struggling to cook something as a smell of burnt food wafted throughout the house. "Noona!" Jeongmin set his cup down and ran to me. I bent down to his level and he placed a big kiss on my left cheek. "Appa's burning something, noona," the boy said with a little pout on his lips. "I can see that." I chuckled as Jeongmin tugged on my shirt. "could you make me something? Appa is horrible at cooking."

"That's quite evident."

"Hey! I heard that!" Jungkook laughed and turned around to face us. "You can't fight the truth, Jungkook. The truth fights you."