Chapter Forty-One | Second World

[ 41 | Second World ]

"I don't have the time." Hisaya flat-out rejected.

"Don't have the time?" Yoshiaki echoed, even going so far as to look at his bosses schedule, that was on his phone. Yes, the other mans previously free slots were gradually being taken up by various events, but there was still wiggle room. This was purely Hisaya's own decision, and he seemed to have no qualms in quickly making it when Yoshiaki broached the subject.

"I don't." The becoming-increasingly-blonder young man replied with ease as he manoeuvred around his apartment getting ready. His assistant, who had been eager to meet with him, could only watch. The only reason Hisaya had entertained the man was because of the present he bought him.

A bag of luxury sweeties, which after popping a few in his mouth, he found weren't really any better than his usual ones.

Yoshiaki became wary of the mans sudden aloofness towards finding out the identity of his big boss, so he had to ask. "Sir, do you know their identity?"

Hisaya was tying a loose bow under his collar with a black ribbon when he was asked the question. He spotted the expression on the betas face in the mirror, and had to wonder, who was his employer? But he had already decided that when the time was right, that person would come to him. He had too many other things he had to get done.

"Nope. Not even an inkling, but I'm not interested in going on a wild goose-chase."

Yoshiaki could breathe a sigh of relief. At least he wasn't avoiding his boss purposefully. So that meant that the little boss really didn't have the time, which conflicted with Yoshiaki's knowledge as his assistant. It opened up a whole other can of worms.

"Then, sir where are you heading now?" When he checked the schedule earlier, he noted that the boss had requested this time to be his free-time. He was very specific, but from where Yoshiaki stood, watching the other man dressing up smartly, he could see that he undoubtedly had plans. Plans he wasn't privy to.

"Hm? Oh there's no need to worry." Hisaya turned to eventually face the man when he had finished getting ready. As he draped his coat over his forearm, "I've called a taxi, so you can take the rest of the day off Kenta." He revealed nonchalantly to the workaholic.

Checking his watch, Hisaya grabbed the rest of his essentials and made his way to the doorway of the apartment. With a polite smile, he said his goodbyes. "Lock up when you leave, 'kay?"

He had asked for the taxi to pick him up around the corner, so he gave himself enough time to shrug on his coat and meander down the road. Hisaya didn't worry about being seen, because when his name popped into peoples minds they thought of an ugly-suited man with unkept brown hair.

Instead, when he got the odd glance, it was from total strangers who couldn't help but admire the startling young man's appearance. Their glimpses were too short to identify him as an Omega, and they were disappointed when he disappeared out of view, and into the back-seat of a taxi.

"Here's the address," Hisaya offered the driver a piece of paper, and in no time they were moving away from the bustling heart of the Commercial District. Again, Hisaya glanced at his watch but knew he had ample time to get to his next appointment. It wasn't going to be a regular, stuffy meeting anyway. And with what he had planned, he expected them to be elated when he was done with them.

Ω

Although all districts were relatively close to one another, it still took some time to get from the elitist Commercial District to the East-most residential district. An area that the original had avoided like the plague after 'escaping'. He wasn't the type to embrace his past, instead he suppressed the memories and imagined they didn't happen. He viewed his time at the orphanage as 'the very bottom' of where someone could be.