is she mad?

you and link were standing in front of the old rito elder, watching him sleep. link stood on his tippy toes, and tapped the chief lightly on the shoulder. the old bird started to wake up and he glanced at you, then stared at link.

"ah, visitors. welcome to-"

his tired eyes grew wide as if they were about to fall out.

"oh. OH!"

you gave link a confusing expression and he gave one back to you.

"that object on your hip...could it be...forgive me! where are my manners? i am kaneli, elder of rito village."

you waved a little and the elder smiled at you. his eyes locked onto link.

"now then...that object on your hip. is that not a sheikah slate?"

wait. sheikah slate?

your e/c eyes traced down link's body until you reached his hips. it was the same box from before. you've never really seen the strange device so up close. strangely, it does seem somewhat familiar to you. you knew about the shiekah and their technologies--including the four great divine beasts. you thanked kass for that. in fact, you've never really noticed until now...but link seemed extremely familiar to you as well.

link glanced at you for a split second, and then looked back at the chief and nodded.

"oh my! so it is true!"

you scrunched up your face in confusion.

"link?"

link turned his attention to you and hummed.

"what's...what's going on? what's 'true?'"

your blonde friend started to get embarrassed and quietly excused himself from the elder. the rito waved him off mumbling a small 'take your time' and he grabbed your arm and walked you out of the hut, back onto revali's landing. link sat you down at one of the small benches and he took a deep breath, looking straight into your curious e/c eyes.

"okay...y/n. you might want to sit down for this."

-

"uh-okay."

link took in a deep breath and said something you knew was a lie. it just simply couldn't be true.

"...what?"

-

"that's right. i'm..i'm the hero from a hundred years ago. i'm zelda's appointed knight. and the one who has to defeat calamity ganon,"

"once and for all."

shocked wouldn't be the right word to describe how you felt in this exact moment.

in fact, you were so overwhelmed with different thoughts and feelings that your head started spinning. you were confused. very confused.

link noticed and he sat down beside you, patting your back lightly. he reached for your forehead and he gasped, it was getting warmer and warmer! you started to feel yourself losing conscious. you heard and saw link calling out your name before you blacked out. 

[-]-[-]-[-]-flashback-[-]-[-]-[-]

everything was black, you could only hear someone's voice and it was muffled. it was like as if you were underwater. you couldn't make out who it was or when this happened. 

"y/n..."

you couldn't move.

"i'm...i'm leaving."

you felt something wet under your e/c eyes. tears.

"it's my duty, and i won't be able to see you that often..."

your body suddenly collided with someone else's. they were warm, and they placed what you figured to be an arm that snaked around your waist. you felt another arm that went across your mid-back, you were in a strong embrace. you suddenly felt yourself speak in a clear, shaky voice.

"please come back."

[-]-[-]-[-][-]-[-]-[-][-]-[-]-[-][-]-[-]

you woke up, in a really soft bed. you looked around your surroundings and saw your friend,  link, talking to a pink rito. the female bird saw you sit up in the bed, and she told link that you were awake. you thought about the strange memory you had and pondered about it for a bit. you weren't sure if it was even a memory or not, but you felt like it was important.

link immediately turned around, and walked over to your bed. he sat at the end, and faced you with concerning azure eyes. you noticed that he was wearing a different outfit. he had a feather in his hair, and the long ends of it were tied by white ribbons. his tunic looked more like a sweater and was mostly consisted of dark mauve, beige and light burgundy. his pants were beige with intricate green and yellow designs. he looked very warm and you blushed a little, he looked very cute.

"link?"

he didn't speak.

"w-what happened?"

he shuffled closer to you, and gently grabbed your soft hand. he held it in both of his and rubbed the back of your palm. he spoke softly and clearly.

"you fainted...after i told you about me."

-

"i see..."

-

"..."

——(link's pov )——

link didn't continue the conversation, his head was filled with thoughts and he didn't know what to do.

"great she probably hates me now"

"maybe she's just confused about all of this"

"i hope she travels with me"

"i like having her around..."

link looked at the h/c haired hylian in front of him and he gave her a crooked, apologetic smile. he stood up from the bed, and walked over to saki. he turned his head to look at you and spoke.

"y/n, this is saki. she'll take care of you while i'm...i'm..."

link saw y/n give him a weird and suspicious look and she started to get up. saki ran over to her and told her to lie down. she groaned and spoke to link in a tired voice.

"while you're what, link?"

link was scared to answer, he felt like y/n, his only friend, was mad at him for being the hero. he didn't really know why she would be mad. maybe it was because he lied to her? or maybe because he failed to defeat calamity ganon all those years ago? whatever the reason, he didn't want to have an argument and lose her.

the blonde hero just smiled slightly, and left saki's small home. he heard y/n shout for his name repeatedly and he walked over to revali's landing. he ran across the wooden floors, and jumped.

he whipped out his paraglider, and flew to meet teba at the flight range in the mountains.

— later —

"are you ready, link?"

link nodded and walked to the rito warrior. 

"tell me link, why do you want to take back vah medoh?"

link hesitated and replied in a quiet, but reassuring voice.

"to save hyrule."

teba raised an eyebrow at link, but shrugged. he told him to get onto his back and to hold on. in an instant, they flew across the sky and link held onto his bow. it was time to take down vah medoh.