Chapter 51

Emily's POV

"He has died."

I slowly turned towards me. "W-what?" I murmured everything else forgotten.

"Toby? Re-" He nodded as he slowly stood up and came towards me. "But-how?" I asked as I gulped.

Dead.

He is not in this world anymore.

"Drug overdose." He stated.

The images of him taking every type of drug came to me. Flashbacks of him.

"When?"

He sighed. "It's been eight months."

Eight months and I am knowing about it now.

"Are you alright?" Daniel asked but I could not bring myslef to reply. I could not.

My brother has died.

No. Not my brother! He never was.

But still tears burned my eyes. Daniel stayed quite as he pulled me into a hug. I held back a sob. "I don't know why I am feeling like this." I sniffed out feeling incredibly sad.

"He was such an asshole." I reminded myself. The images of him beating me came to my mind and I flinched. Flashbacks of him punching me, kicking me without any sympathy. The dead look in his eyes when he used to beat me. How he wasted years of my life. I used to live in fear always. He loathed me for nothing.

"It's good. It's good that he died." I found myself saying as my mind ran trailer of the life I had a couple years ago. An evil part of me was happy for what happened to him.

"He deserved that." I murmured trying to make myslef believe that it's right.

I remember I always used to wish that he would die by the excessive amount of drugs he did and he did die from that.

"It's alright." Daniel said as he held my shaking body tightly.

After a few minutes I was fine. My shaking and the urge to cry has stopped. Now we were sitting in Daniel's study chair with me on his lap.

"It seems weird now that I think he has died. It feels like everything has really ended........ Everything did when I left him but it just now feels real, like the chapter that I burnt from my life but now I have really throwed away it's ashes." I said trying to put it in words and failing miserably.

"I understand what you are trying to say."

"It was understood that he was going to die by how much drugs he used to do...They had destroyed him and they did kill him." I sighed. I am not sad. I am not.

"Well." I cleared my throat and stood up from his lap. "I should wake brandon up." I said a bit awkwardly.

"Or maybe we could have a round two of what happened last night." He winked and I blushed a little. "Or maybe not." I whispered.

He again put me in his lap. "I want you to know that it was the best night of my life...... or probably the second."

I had a smile on my face but it turned to frown. "And which one is the first?" I asked as I turned my body towards him so that now I was seeing his face.

"From which you got pregnant." He smiled as he put his hand on my stomach.

"You know I really want to have another baby." He whispered in my eye and placed a light kiss on my cheek. "Preferably a girl with her mother's eyes."

"I want too but not now. A few years later, yes. Brandon is still little now." I said back to him and he looked a bit dejected but nodded.

"I want to see how you look when you are pregnant." He said as he smiled at me but it soon turned a sad one. "I clearly missed the first time." He sighed.

I put my hands on his face. "Hey, it wasn't your fault...I should have told you."

Daniel shook his head. "No."

We sat in silence for a few minutes when a thing struck my mind. I stood up immediately from his lap. "Where are you going?" Daniel asked and I answered him without turning. "I am coming!"

Making my way to my room. I took my mobile from the bedside and made my way again to his study while rummaging through my photos to find the ones that I wanted to show him.

"Here look." I said putting my phone forward so he could take it. He took it and saw the picture that I wanted to show him.

It was a pic of me being heavily pregnant with brandon and I was laughing at something. It was a candid photo that kat took sneakily of me and I actually really liked this picture. I should really call kat. I haven't talked much to her since I left that area and didn't even meet her once.

Daniel was looking at it with awe very visible in his eyes. He seemed to be lost for words. "You look absolutely beautiful." He said his eyes never leaving the picture. "The glow..god I really wish I was there with you at that time."

"There will be a time again." I said wanting to cheer him up and he nodded.

"Times." He corrected cheekily and I laughed.

Oh we will see.

After sending the picture to himself he gave my phone back. "I am going to make breakfast. I am super hungry."

"I am too." He said and I nodded. "Not for food." My eyes widened at his words and I left his study with a red face. I could hear him laughing.

*****

I had hated life. Often wondered why was I even born if I was going to have a life like this. There were times when I had thought that I could not take it anymore. I wanted to give up.

But the time passed. Everything bad passes.

If there is a bad chapter of a book doesn't mean the whole book is going to be bad.

Similarly with life.

The stormy night is going to pass and there will be a beautiful sunny morning.

Don't lose faith.

My life turned upside down when I met daniel. I disliked him at first, for a very little time but it was just to conceal my liking for him which turned into a passionate love. I always thought that I could not have him. I mean, he is..well him, and what am I? Nothing special.

But life had other plans for us.

I could never have imagined that my life would turn out like this when I'll enter new york.

And If I had known. I would have done it long ago.

Love is painful. I have heard from many people and I myself believed it for a long time. But now that I think about love. I would say it's happiness. It's beautiful. It's daniel. It is a feeling that no human can escape. We all feel.

It is beautiful for some people and for some not. And I would say it's the former for me.

It makes me whole.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Daniel asked but I could see a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Like what?" I asked and gave him a smile of my own.

"The same way I look at you." He answered and I felt my heart burst.

"The look which says that I could give my life in a minute for you, that you are the most important thing of my life, you give me happiness, meaning of life, the look that says that my heart just beats for you. The look that says-no- screams love." He hispered the last part and I swear I could feel moisture in my eyes.

"Because it's true. I love you." I said with so much emotion.

He smiled, the rare breathtaking smile. "I know." He said as he dipped his head and kissed my lips.

"I love you more."

The END