Arc 2.9

I realize that I asked such a stupid question in the last chapter.

****

Right after that incident, Shi Shen was ground by his parents. It seemed that they have steeled their hearts and wouldn’t listen to his requests anymore.

The person behind Xu Huang’s incident was one of Gu Yanwu’s concubine whose his father was a wealthy merchant who came from a foreign country a few years ago to do business in the Great Wu.

If it was only Xu Huang, then he might got off more lightly but a royalty was involved couple with He Zhuoyan's and Zheng Zhi’s power his punishment was a death sentence.

Currently, Shi Shen was sitting in his room while drawing something on a piece of paper when Ah Lin suddenly scurried inside.

‘’Young Master! Look at the Treasure pavilion’s accounting book!’’

Ah Ling excitedly spoke while eagerly pushed the accounting book toward Shi Shen.

Shi Shen took it into his hands then lightly swept a glance at the content without a change in expression causing Ah Lin to be confused.

‘’You are not happy?’’

He replied without looking up from the book,‘’Ah Lin, It is not like Prince Gu Estate is poor so don’t be too excited with this amount or do you think your salary is too little?’’

In return, Ah Lin instantly shook his head like a rattle drum,’’No,no! Just the fact that Young Master picked me up when I was almost starved to death and let me serve you as your personal servant was already my life’s greatest fortune so I don’t even need the salary!’’

Shi Shen lightly chuckled then lightly knocked on his forehead,’’If you don’t have any money, how are you going to get married?’’

Hearing this, Ah Ling widened his eyes in shock,his face quickly became pale,’’Y-Young Master, did I do something wrong?!’’

Seeing his panic looks, Shi Shen helplessly sighed,’’No but Ah Lin, you can’t just stay alone forever without making your own family.’’

‘’But-’’

Shi Shen cut in,’’Cherished what you have and live your life to the fullest. At least, you can do this on my behalf.’’

Ah Lin anxiously asked,‘’Young Master, what’s wrong? Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere?’’

Shi Shen just shook his head without answering his question. He closed the book and went to take a nap.

Seeing that the Young Master was already falling asleep, Ah Lin retreated outside then lightly called out,’’Xiao, are you there?’’

Right after his sentence fell, an emotionless voice sounded from somewhere,’’En.’’

‘’Keep watching over the Young Master, I need to go and talk with the Masters.’’

After that, he turned to walk toward Gu Shang’s courtyard.

****

Finally, the day that Xu Huang paid a visit to the Prince Gu’s Estate has arrived. He came early with the excuse that preparing the foods for dinner will take a lot of times.

Truthfully speaking, He Zhuoyan and Gu Shang were not happy with the news of him coming here but thinking again their son didn’t have any friends and he also could not go out, they ended up agreeing with his request.

Zheng Zhi needed to make a visit to the imperial palace so he would arrive later in the afternoon.

Shi Shen being the host helped Xu Huang to tour around the Estate while happily chatting like they were good friends.