Chapter 54

Peizhi smugly looked at the stiffness in Bai's shoulders. His gaze as cocky as he stared Bai down. The craziness to find him master swirling in his eyes as he tried to dissect his Master's location from Bai's body language. But nothing was given and they stared without talking. The tension rose as the guards looked curiously from one man to the other. It was an odd image to take in. On one end there was a man with white hair, a handsome face and white robes. Opposite to him was a man in bright red robes with black hair and an equally attractive face. But what made the sight odd to them was the murderous intent that each held with so much spite and contempt it was as though they had manifested into real objects as fire and ice took over the pairs surroundings.  Peizhi was the first to speak

-"Bai. How are you?"

Peizhi chortled as he noticed Bai clench his jaw as he dusted off the non-existent dust.  In the blink of an eye, Peizhi knocked out the guards that had been staring at the scene. Bai's intent to kill rolled onto Peizhi in great waves, earning a glance of respect from Peizhi which made Bai growl in disgust. Neither of the men moved in an effort to meet one another's expectations. If anything Peizhi's lack of fear urged him on to push Bai buttons, knowing that he would get a reaction from how unyielding Bai moved along with him.  

-"Bai, where is she?"

The question that both of them had been waiting for. Bai was unaware of Peizhi's intentions as well as the intentions of the man who hired him, but he was aware that it had to do with Mingxia Jie and that was reason enough for him to jump into action. Bai's silence had not comforted Peizhi's mood and he reiterated. 

-"Bai. I know you are aware of where she is or are you just deaf?"

-"I don't know where she is."

-"The man speaks! You do have ears and a mouth after all. I thought you were just retarded."

-"Clearly you were in the wrong Disciple Peizhi."

Bai bit out his comment and Peizhi's smile faltered momentarily, but he regained his composure. However, his cool act was broken as his words came out with a threat 

-" I guess what they say about mercs is true. They are just crude beasts."

Bai clenched his fists at the comment. The air was already tense enough as it was and Peizhi's comment sent the room into sub-zero. But neither man felt the pellet of cold as they kept staring at one another. Bai cocked his head and played with the ends of his hair.

-"I guess what they say about you is true. You're just a dog on a short leash."

Peizhi almost exploded with rage before he remembered what he came here for. It was not to find a reason to kick Bai's ass, rather become his Master's disciple once more. They each looked distastefully at one another as their comments hung in the frozen air. Peizhi snapped first.

-"Bai, I swear to the heavens. Where is she!?"

-"I don't know"

Peizhi started to pull at his hair furiously as he stared deranged at  Bai. Piezhi was not pleased with Bai's comments as his facade fell flat in front of Bai. Gone was Peizhi's smile and his mouth set into a thin line. All the life drained behind him as he asked in a monotone voice.

-"Bai. Where. Is. She?"

-"I don't know."

-"Liar! Liar! LIAR! I need her Bai! Where is she!"

-"I don't know."

-"I'm going to get her Bai, and I'll get to her by handing you into the authorities personally so I can watch you die."

For the first time, Bai felt fear streak down him. Peizhi's lack of usual character was not there. All there was a broken man who would kill.  A moment passed slowly as all hell broke loose in a matter of seconds. Peizhi threw the first punch, fast and effective. Bai retaliated with his own attack and they came to a standstill before the fighting resumed once more. Fists and magic flew all around the room as they collided harder and faster than the eye could keep with. It was truly a fight of masters as they whipped around landing punches and kicks. But Peizhi had the upper hand. He punched Bai with so much force, Bai flew into the wall leaving his indent into the wall. As Bai struggled to stand up, Peizhi chained him with his magic, restraining Bai with his flames. 

-"Bai. This is your last chance. Tell me where she is or I'll take away the one thing that matters to you."

-"I have nothing to lose Peizhi."

Peizhi sighed and pushed his hair out of his face. He grimaced at what he would do. But he knew that there was no other way to break Bai. From his robes, he revealed a sharp thin dagger. He grabbed Bai's face and looked at him one last time knowing that his face would be the last thing he saw before the world would become black. 

-"Fine. So be it."

Bai looked confused as Peizhi brought the dagger to his eye. Realization struck Bai as he became aware of what he would lose. He couldn't break out of Peizhi's hold as the blade came down on his eye in a swift motion. Bai's screams echoed through the hall as blood poured from his eyes as Peizhi took his sight from the world. The pain was so unbearable that Bai fell unconscious. Peizhi slathered a paste on Bai's eyes, that would heal the eye itself, but not let Bai regain his sight. Peizhi tied a white cloth around Bai's eyes as he grabbed Bai and carried him over his shoulder as he flew out of the Velvet Piano, unaware of Mingxia Jie who was still in the underground safe house. Mingxia Jie felt a shiver run down her spine and knew something had happened to Bai, but she was unable to leave until the seal broke on the tile to allow her to leave. So she just sat down in the bed that sat in the corner of the room and waited for the seal to break. 

________________________________

                               Peizhi knowing full well he about to whoop some ass: